Blackpool roll call

1 certified lunatic here, so count me in on the official attendance.

Usual 05.02 Eastbourne Express to London Victoria.

Massive spoons Victoria Station breakfast.

08.06 Grand Central to God's Country.

Milligans for those to die for Scotch Pies and then the Jameson and possibly Fitzies.

Then the 90mins of hell and then the 17.29 Grand Central on the second part of my 700 mile round trip.

Must be f***ing bonkers.

Maidstone FTM flying high North Stand.

Ha'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay FTM:cool:
👏🏼

I was just messing, marra. I don't have too many luxuries myself. Although I couldn't do without my summer holiday.
It's similar for me, marra. I dream of Cargoes, sailing on a

Quinquireme of Nineveh from distant Ophir
Rowing home to haven in sunny Palestine,
With a cargo of ivory,
And apes and peacocks,
Sandalwood, cedarwood, and sweet white wine.

Or perhaps aboard a

Stately Spanish galleon coming from the Isthmus,
Dipping through the Tropics by the palm-green shores,
With a cargo of diamonds,
Emeralds, amethysts,
Topazes, and cinnamon, and gold moidores.

But all I ever seem to end up with is a

Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack
Butting through the Channel in the mad March days,
With a cargo of Tyne coal,
Road-rail, pig-lead,
Firewood, iron-ware, and cheap tin trays.

I really respect the effort Kent.....

But seriously marra...WHY

WHY??

Because I love the lads with a passion and I just can't give up on them, and I'd miss my 2 Milligans Scotch Pies if I stopped going:cool:

It's nothing, absolutely nothing like a relationship/marriage where you can end it, go your separate ways, stay single a couple of years, find somebody else and start again. Your "club" is for life through thick and thin.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going to let the charlatans in charge drive me away. The club needs us fans now more than ever, and if we give up, the club is dead, and I for one will never let that happen as long as I draw breath.

Instead of not going Saturday, we should be going and let the charlatans know how angry we are, then the SoL into a cauldron of hatred towards Donald, Parkinson and certain players where they need to employ extra police/stewards to keep the peace.

But basically, I'm nuts about the Lads and won't ever give up on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds grand, marra. Will ye not be paying homage to the Death Club?
I might call in to say hello, after the game, depending on where our first post match pint will be. (There'll be over 20 of us out before and after the game, so not sure where we'll end up)
If we're next door, in the Victory club, I'll pop in.
I've a mate from Dublin/Drogheda who's coming over for the game, and hopefully meeting @Kingdom Bhoy for a few pints, before the game too.
I'll hopefully have a pint with your good self, one of these days, too.

I might call in to say hello, after the game, depending on where our first post match pint will be. (There'll be over 20 of us out before and after the game, so not sure where we'll end up)
If we're next door, in the Victory club, I'll pop in.
I've a mate from Dublin/Drogheda who's coming over for the game, and hopefully meeting @Kingdom Bhoy for a few pints, before the game too.
I'll hopefully have a pint with your good self, one of these days, too.
Yes, I'd like that, HC. There are a few good people on Hank's thread I'm hoping to clink glasses with one of these days.

WHY??

Because I love the lads with a passion and I just can't give up on them, and I'd miss my 2 Milligans Scotch Pies if I stopped going:cool:

It's nothing, absolutely nothing like a relationship/marriage where you can end it, go your separate ways, stay single a couple of years, find somebody else and start again. Your "club" is for life through thick and thin.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going to let the charlatans in charge drive me away. The club needs us fans now more than ever, and if we give up, the club is dead, and I for one will never let that happen as long as I draw breath.

Instead of not going Saturday, we should be going and let the charlatans know how angry we are, then the SoL into a cauldron of hatred towards Donald, Parkinson and certain players where they need to employ extra police/stewards to keep the peace.

Top post marra....

I moved away 40 years ago but have still gone to mainly away games until I got ill and became disabled, that was after Coventry away last season , I haven't been to a game since as I've got mobility issues now. We will be going to watch the lads at MK in January and meeting up with a few other old boys from this forum for the first time....

But seriously marra....hats off to you, I admire your passion :)

WHY??

Spot on Kent.
A football club is for life, not just for Christmas.
I'm far from happy with our current plight, but to give up on the Lads, is totally unthinkable, and something I'd never do.
I love meeting my mates and going to the match.
I've done it for nearly 5 decades, and will keep going, for as long as I'm able to.
Yes, I'd like that, HC. There are a few good people on Hank's thread I'm hoping to clink glasses with one of these days.
Good man, Cloughy 👍
Top post marra....

I moved away 40 years ago but have still gone to mainly away games until I got ill and became disabled, that was after Coventry away last season , I haven't been to a game since as I've got mobility issues now. We will be going to watch the lads at MK in January and meeting up with a few other old boys from this forum for the first time....

But seriously marra....hats off to you, I admire your passion :)
Great stuff, Mk M 👍

Last edited by a moderator:

Back