Blackpool Away - Roll Call

Going to my mate's in Southport on the Saturday morning, a round of golf in the afternoon, big night out, over to Blackpool and 3 points with a clean sheet. Bring it on :D

11 of us going. Train from Newcastle at 8:05 to Carlisle and change there for Blackpool via Preston, get into Blackpool for about 11:45 I think. Only booked the trains today and got returns for £31 each.

Me plus two mates and my two grown up daughters. We are staying over as we always do (even though the town is one of my least favourite in the entire country). As usual for the football we are keeping it real (by that I mean cheap, we do a lot of away stopovers and it gets pricey so keep the costs down as best we can and stay in places I would not dream of booking me and the wife into) and we are staying at the wonderfully named Roker Hotel next to the pleasure beach.

Our last stopover in Blackpool was during their PL days and that 'hotel' is comfortabley in the top 5 of the worst I have ever stayed in, beaten only by the one in Nottingham which had excrement smeared on the wallpaper (only spotted by my mate when we woke up in the morning) and the one in Gillingham that had 4 rooms and 4 rooms taken (and the guests were all out with the keys) at the time we arrived to claim the two rooms we had booked months earlier. We did grab one room at that one eventually and someone else then turned up trying to check in!!

The Roker Hotel was frighteningly cheap is on the sea front and includes free parking and breakfast all for around £16 each. We expect nothing other than a bed to be honest, but its a footy weekender so who cares? We will only be there to sleep. I take spare bedding in the car and sleep on top of the bed using my own bedding and wash it when I get home now if its really iffy;)

Going to my mate's in Southport on the Saturday morning, a round of golf in the afternoon, big night out, over to Blackpool and 3 points with a clean sheet. Bring it on :D
Not being picky, but if u get to Southport on the Saturday morning, how can u play golf on the afternoon? The match kicks off at 3 !!!!

Me plus two mates and my two grown up daughters. We are staying over as we always do (even though the town is one of my least favourite in the entire country). As usual for the football we are keeping it real (by that I mean cheap, we do a lot of away stopovers and it gets pricey so keep the costs down as best we can and stay in places I would not dream of booking me and the wife into) and we are staying at the wonderfully named Roker Hotel next to the pleasure beach.

Our last stopover in Blackpool was during their PL days and that 'hotel' is comfortabley in the top 5 of the worst I have ever stayed in, beaten only by the one in Nottingham which had excrement smeared on the wallpaper (only spotted by my mate when we woke up in the morning) and the one in Gillingham that had 4 rooms and 4 rooms taken (and the guests were all out with the keys) at the time we arrived to claim the two rooms we had booked months earlier. We did grab one room at that one eventually and someone else then turned up trying to check in!!

The Roker Hotel was frighteningly cheap is on the sea front and includes free parking and breakfast all for around £16 each. We expect nothing other than a bed to be honest, but its a footy weekender so who cares? We will only be there to sleep. I take spare bedding in the car and sleep on top of the bed using my own bedding and wash it when I get home now if its really iffy;)
I live other side of Preston and get to Blackpool occasionally and the place is a dump and the Roker Hotel is an absolute shit hole 😀 your a brave man” just go with the flow and have a top weekend

Jeez I reckon your in for a treat.. but like u said for £16 u expect it not to be good and is a bed for the night. I did similar in Doncaster when I went to watch James at racecourse, hotel was a dump but for money it did the business..

Do love how lots of fans slate Blackpool as a dump etc, yes lytham road by ground is, as other areas are but its amazing how many fans want to come to our dump, quick to slag it but come back follow season... but it's my dump and I love the place (thankfully I live by park and not lytham road..lol)

Jeez I reckon your in for a treat.. but like u said for £16 u expect it not to be good and is a bed for the night. I did similar in Doncaster when I went to watch James at racecourse, hotel was a dump but for money it did the business..

Do love how lots of fans slate Blackpool as a dump etc, yes lytham road by ground is, as other areas are but its amazing how many fans want to come to our dump, quick to slag it but come back follow season... but it's my dump and I love the place (thankfully I live by park and not lytham road..lol)

Are there any allocated away pubs?

Do you know a bloke called Ian Carden.?

Staying over in lytham on Saturday, because I'm dead posh. Off to the pleasure beach on Sunday as it's half price wristbands!
The 5 of stayed in a b+b in Blackpool last year for £30 including a full English for the 5 of us!
The velvet coaster is canny, not too far from the ground, was full of Sunderland last season bar one lad in a shearer shirt.

Back