Blackburn vs The Lads - Sunlund in the blackburn away kit

Ffs, there was a big thread on this a couple of days back 😊
Pretty sure we were playing 3 games a week due to our involvement in the FA Cup that season.
Yes,lots of games in rapid style and folk had to go to home games to get the vouchers. Lots sacked this Blackburn game off due to all the expense and saving for Wembley...this is my explanation why the away end isn't packed and it's correct.

Last edited:
I was there. Not a big turn out due to people saving dough for Wembley. Blackburn nearly messed up there top 6 spot after bad run, but eventually went up under Souness. It was the start of Jack Walkers cash injected regime

I was there with my dad. Stalls outside selling snide Wembley t shirts
Remember it was quite quiet numbers wise, and me and my dad were stood next to some old dear, must have been in her 80s.
Our lads were singing some song with some pretty unsavoury language. My dad says to me “obviously I don’t mind this sort of language, I know you’re not offended by this sort of language, but I’m sure this old lady doesn’t want to hear it”.
The second he finished his sentence the old dear belts out with a voice louder than Hartlepool steelworks:
“F*ck me ref you f*cking blind c*** bastard you”
Cue me and my dad howling.

Last edited:

Back