Blackadder Goes Forth

Edmund: Well, it is said, Percy, that civilised man seeks out good and
intelligent company, so that, through learned discourse, he may
rise above the savage and closer to God.

Percy: Yes, I’ve heard that.

Edmund: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead
to remind me I’m best.

Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head.

At this revolutionary time, there were rumblings in Prussia, although it was thought that this might be something to do with the sausages.

Last edited:
Nursey (Bernard) :

"Out you popped, out of your mummies tumpkin and everyone shouted :
“It’s a boy, it’s a boy!”. And somebody said “but it hasn’t got a winkle!”.
And then I said “A boy without a winkle? God be praised, it is a miracle. A boy without a winkle!”
And then Sir Thomas More pointed out that a boy without a winkle is a girl.
And everyone was really disappointed".

:lol:

When he subsequently makes a cup of coffee for Captain Darling.
Ah cappuccino! :eek: :lol:

"I'm as happy as a Frenchman who has just invented a pair of self-removing trousers."

"I love you Dr. Johnson and I want to have your babies"

Prince George: "Boil my brains it is not like someone has asked us to eat 10 raw Pigs for breakfast, good god we're British aren't we!?"
Blackadder: "You're not, You're German"

Blackadder: "what a way to die, shot by a transvestite on an unrealistic grassy knoll. Baldrick, thank you for introducing me to a new experience"
Baldrick: "What is that my lord?"
Blackadder: "Being pleased to see you"

One of my favourite similes is from Hugh Paddock's character in sense in senility
"Be gone sir, your presence is about as irritating as a potted cactus inside a monkey's pyjamas"

Last edited:
Ah cappuccino! :eek: :lol:

"I'm as happy as a Frenchman who has just invented a pair of self-removing trousers."

"I love you Dr. Johnson and I want to have your babies"

Prince George: "Boil my brains it is not like someone has asked us to eat 10 raw Pigs for breakfast, good god we're British aren't we!?"
Blackadder: "You're not, You're German"

Blackadder: "what a way to die, shot by a transvestite on an unrealistic grassy knoll. Baldrick, thank you for introducing me to a new experience"
Baldrick: "What is that my lord?"
Blackadder: "Being pleased to see you"

One of my favourite similes is from Hugh Paddock's character in sense in senility
"Be gone sir, your presence is about as irritating as a potted cactus inside a monkey's pyjamas"

The sound of Baldrick phlegming up in the background.

'What on earth is the matter with you today Darling'.

Blackadder: Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy, sir?

Daring: How could you possibly know that, Blackadder? It’s classified information.

:lol::lol::lol:

Best bit is where Captain Darling shows how much ground they captured the night before, sad but funny.

Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war two great super-armies developed. Us, the Russians and the French on one side, Germany and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea being that each army would act as the other's deterrent. That way, there could never be a war.

Private Baldrick: Except, this is sort of a war, isn't it?

Captain Blackadder: That's right. There was one tiny flaw in the plan.

Lieutenant George: O, what was that?

Captain Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back