Black Summer

It's okay but just f***ing stupidly frustrating

I know it's not realistic to begin with but haway man, they mincing about for most of the series without a weapon, not even a knife or a baseball bat. And the one lad who has a handgun cant shoot for shit so is basically pointless

I did crack on with it and it did get better then moved into Z Nation and been working my way through that which is canny.

I like the way it switches from one characters story to another, but there are some glaring continuity mistakes.. one man having his hand badly smashed, covered in blood and yet next scene, perfectly fine and no blood. However I am quite enjoying it so far.. The school and diner episodes were particularly good.

It's okay but just f***ing stupidly frustrating

I know it's not realistic to begin with but haway man, they mincing about for most of the series without a weapon, not even a knife or a baseball bat. And the one lad who has a handgun cant shoot for shit so is basically pointless

Aye there's a lot of it which is hard to get away with. In episode four when that bloke is just wandering around the supermarket without a care in the world, haway man. I've found myself wishing for the characters to die due to their sheer stupidity.

For anyone that has played Dying Light, feels like they've modelled the zombies on the virals.

Finished this last night. The opening eps were good, the characters were all fuckwits who I wanted to get caught (apart from the dude who wrecked his ankle, he was ok), and I left with loads of questions- a f***ing nightclub ran by guerillas??
6/10

Finished this last night. The opening eps were good, the characters were all fuckwits who I wanted to get caught (apart from the dude who wrecked his ankle, he was ok), and I left with loads of questions- a f***ing nightclub ran by guerillas??
6/10

I'd agree with that. Why do none of them even attempt to close doors behind them when they're running, madness.

That nightclub episode wasn't even mentioned prior to it happening was it? They just rocked up and raised a bit carnage.

I'd agree with that. Why do none of them even attempt to close doors behind them when they're running, madness.

That nightclub episode wasn't even mentioned prior to it happening was it? They just rocked up and raised a bit carnage.
Exactly. The scene was titled "Weapons" but how did they ascertain there was weapons to be had in there? And to just gan in and assume you could take them? Bizarre

Wanted to like it but it was crap. Done my f***ing head in nobody seemed to realise shooting them in the head would kill the zombies straight away. Apart from the Mexican lad there wasn’t one likeable character in it either.

Aye there's a lot of it which is hard to get away with. In episode four when that bloke is just wandering around the supermarket without a care in the world, haway man. I've found myself wishing for the characters to die due to their sheer stupidity.

For anyone that has played Dying Light, feels like they've modelled the zombies on the virals.

Dying Light is a great game.

Last edited:

Zombies that can climb, my worst nightmare.

I like a zombie flick and had high Hope's for this. However it was absolutely shite, no real connection with the characters and a weak story line.

Back