Black pudding omelette

Few weeks ago before going on holiday I had an omelette made of stuff left in the fridge.

Black pudding - like the OP
A bit of feta
And some left over mashed potatoe

Served with a side salad.

More of a frittata than an omelette but it was lush.
Look at me, I’ve been on holiday and have left over food in the fridge.

Pathetic.

Just had one for me scran. Had loads of ingredients left, so our lass (do one), says u want another cheeky little one, lusharooney like, proper Bury market black pudding anarl. Highly recommended!

Probs have shits tomorrow now:oops:
Popular tapas dish in Spain with chopped spring onions in the mix, lush.

I don't get this obsession with Bury black pudding, I don't like the taste of it at all.
I think the best tasting Black Pudding is from Mainsgill farm shop on the A66 between Scotch Corner & Bowes.
It's only £1 for a small slab (none of this round shit) and it's absolutely delicious, and doesn't fall apart in the frying pan.

Me mam always put a couple of slices of black pudding in the family sized steak pies that she made when I was kid. I can taste those pies now and the light spongy bits of the pastry that were soaked in the rich dark brown gravy that were the food of the Gods.
By my mam could cook.

Haggis is incredibly versatile... haggis shepherds pie, haggis lasagne, haggis bolognese, haggis tiramisu...
I had haggis bon-bons at a 'Scottish tapas' restaurant in Edinburgh a few years ago. They were fantastic but unfortunately the restaurant closed. I suppose the idea of 'Scottish tapas' was probably not quite a crowd-puller although it worked surprisingly well.

I don't get this obsession with Bury black pudding, I don't like the taste of it at all.
I think the best tasting Black Pudding is from Mainsgill farm shop on the A66 between Scotch Corner & Bowes.
It's only £1 for a small slab (none of this round shit) and it's absolutely delicious, and doesn't fall apart in the frying pan.
Bury's not as good as it used to be but you're right about Mainsgill. Morrisons own brand is ok, I don't like them minty.

I had haggis bon-bons at a 'Scottish tapas' restaurant in Edinburgh a few years ago. They were fantastic but unfortunately the restaurant closed. I suppose the idea of 'Scottish tapas' was probably not quite a crowd-puller although it worked surprisingly well.
Quite a few places do them so you’re in luck next time you vention up here.

Back