Black Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first one worked a bit too well. I suppose that the point was that these people were supposed to annoy me and they did so to a point where I just fast forwarded, jumping through the story line until I got to the end.

2 & 3? A cynics Tales of the Unexpected. Which is fine as far as they go, which is canny but not exceptional.

Watched Series 1 Episode 1 just now. What a demented idea, Cameron having to fuck a pig or a princess dies! Brilliant concept brilliantly acted, and a canny ending. Looking forward to a few more episodes!
Just finished watching the first, thought it was brilliant. Starting the second now

How the fuck I've missed this show I'm not sure but it is absolutely brilliant.
Watched "White Bear" and it fucked me up, then watched "San Janipero" and that fucked me up more. Then watch "The National Anthem" and I think I went in a coma for about 2 days.
Dare not watch any more it's that good.

How the fuck I've missed this show I'm not sure but it is absolutely brilliant.
Watched "White Bear" and it fucked me up, then watched "San Janipero" and that fucked me up more. Then watch "The National Anthem" and I think I went in a coma for about 2 days.
Dare not watch any more it's that good.
Three of the best episodes right there!

Quite enjoying this, I never finished series 2 so got caught up. Have the last episode to go, gutted as I thought there was 10 not 6.

The Christmas one with John Hamm was fantastic.

Episodes 2 and 3 of series 3 we're brilliant.

Watched Series 1 Episode 1 just now. What a demented idea, Cameron having to fuck a pig or a princess dies! Brilliant concept brilliantly acted, and a canny ending. Looking forward to a few more episodes!
Given the allegations about Cameron I can't help but think the story of him and the pig were known in media circles long before publication.

Me and the wife hadn't seen it before, watched the new series and loved it so went back and watched series 1. Into series 2 now and just watched White Bear. It's f***ing mental isn't it? Nothing else like it

I thought San Junipero was fantastic.

I liked the fact that you couldn't quite place where the technology angle was for most of the episode, I was thinking it was going to be some kind of videogame premise riffing on the GTA idea of consequence free hedonism so the depth of the writing really surprised me.

[spoilers]

The dilemma that Kelly had at the end had me welling up as a father, even an atheist father who thinks when your gone your gone.

The thought of choosing my own gratification over going wherever my kid had gone cut me up. As nice as it sounds living at any point in history whist looking like me in my 20s and banging loads of VR slappers sounds, imagine if there was some kind of afterlife and you were leaving your kid there alone. Shudder!

Ranking episodes:

1. White Christmas
2. San Junipero
3. The memory one (records everything)
4. Series 3 Episode 1 (the Facebook parody)
5. White Bear

I enjoyed all of them TBH, great show.

(spoiler)

Bloody hell I watched the Christmas episode last night and for some reason it was playing on my mind when I went to bed.

When they set the time to a thousands years per minute and fuck off for Christmas, imagine being that poor bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back