Black Mirror TV Series

May be but I like the various takes on post apocalypse themes, most of which boil down to interpretations the human psyche.

I agree with your reasoning. The OA was dreadful though. ;)

That will be different for me. I'm retired so tend to get sucked into a story line and blitz watch a series.

No, I mean, each episode is a different story with a different cast, in a different location, in a different period in time, possibly even in a different universe. There's nothing connecting the episodes together at all (with the exception of that one episode I mentioned that essentially just has a couple of "easter eggs" for people that have seen them all).

Think of it like The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Ray Bradbury Theater, Steven Spielberg's Amazing Stories or Tales Of The Unexpected. There's literally no ongoing plot from one episode to the next. The only connection is that each story is to do with technology, and how the world could easily be dark and horrible with just a slight tweak of how we're already using technology today. The "Black Mirror" the title refers to is just the screen of your phone or tablet, as well as obviously being a metaphor for "looking back at our world through a dark lens".

IIRC, Netflix haven't even uploaded them in the correct order, it was all in reverse when I was watching on there. I had to keep manually selecting the episode I wanted to watch rather than letting it just run on from one to the next like you would usually.

It’s excellent

All of it
This.

Though I think Playtest was probably my favourite episode.

I was wondering what the general consensus on Black Mirror was? Any good?

I've watched a few Netflix series such as The 100, Ascension, Into the Badlands, Colony, Continuum, Stranger Things, Dark Matter, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, The OA, which I thought were all good. My only gripe is that some of those were disconnected after about the third series despite being decent which tends to leave you hanging.

As there are a few series of Black Mirror is it worth beginning to watch?
Have a crack at Bandersnatch if your on netflix; good bit of fun, but a right pain to get all of the endings (i cheated & downloaded the lot :p)

Last edited:
Some of them really get into your head.

The one where you clone your brain to create a person digital assistant (and the other elements of it) was a cracker.
The one with the chip that remembers everything you've heard and seen, so you can play it back

The more recent one about putting a conciousness into a machine (teddy bear) was really, erm, not sure what the word is.

Looks like it's worth a look. I like the technological aspect of some of the episodes. I like SiFi in general not just the series I listed above from Netflix and different post apocalyptic scenarios that vary between technology not surviving (Into the Badlands) and those that include it in some way (Colony). One thing they all seem to have in common is that some people will inevitably strive for power over others. I guess there will always be those that want to be among the elites.

Last edited:
It's like a sci-fi Tales of the Unexpected. Sometimes gets a bit same and repeats itself, but the acting for the most part is excellent.

Well I watched the first episode of series one and it was a bit weird but someone posted it was not typical. Still, posed some interesting questions about how modern social media hangs together. At least the pig wasn't dead.

I was wondering what the general consensus on Black Mirror was? Any good?

I've watched a few Netflix series such as The 100, Ascension, Into the Badlands, Colony, Continuum, Stranger Things, Dark Matter, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, The OA, which I thought were all good. My only gripe is that some of those were disconnected after about the third series despite being decent which tends to leave you hanging.

As there are a few series of Black Mirror is it worth beginning to watch?
They’re all different. Most are class, there’s a couple that are pretty crap but watchable
Still haven't watched the latest episodes on Netflix, from what I hear they are shite

Bit of a shame as I've enjoyed most of them up to that point
The new series has a great episode about a kidnapping and the effects of social media
Very good series. Black Museum and USS Callister are my favourite episodes
I wanted the ending of USS Callister to end the exact opposite. It would have been a lot deeper

Last edited:

Back