Black Mirror TV Series

The fact your entire rebuttal amounts to making a value judgement about my initial comment calling it cringey, and a laughing emoji posted ironically, shows that any views you might have are at best not to be taken seriously and are at worst pitiful. I rest my case.

There’s nothing actually cringey about what I said. This is just your way of saying that you’re upset that you’re one of those dolts I’m referring to who have no conception of what is ahead.
Heaven forbid you criticise it, like. I think it's very decent but I've taken some flak for criticising some of the poorer episodes.

It doesn’t actually get anywhere near managing to do what it’s aiming for which is holding up a “black mirror” to society, so instead what you’re left with is a show which is relentlessly bleak, because it, incorrectly, thinks that’s what constitutes depth. The vision of the future as portrayed by the show is just bait for people with no conception of what is ahead.

Totally dreadful. Give it a miss.
Depth? Its a sci fi series. Give it a miss if you don't like it.

The fact your entire rebuttal amounts to making a value judgement about my initial comment calling it cringey, and a laughing emoji posted ironically, shows that any views you might have are at best not to be taken seriously and are at worst pitiful. I rest my case.

Again, this is the type of person who doesn't like Black Mirror. A great advert for a great show.

Of course there are some weaker episodes but the majority are well written and put together. Definitely worth a watch since there's nothing else to do.

Last edited:
Depth? Its a sci fi series. Give it a miss if you don't like it.
:rolleyes:

Yes, I say depth because it is quite obviously trying to be “deep.” And that’s not something which is uncommon for a “Sci Fi” show. In fact, out of all genres, Sci Fi is one where serials/movies most often have “depth” because Sci Fi easily lends itself to metaphors/analogies as a deliberate means of commentary on the modern world. Or do you take them completely at face value and think Sci Fi shows are all just about robots/invading aliens/dystopian futures made for people who get aroused by nonsensical technobabble? Best stick to the kind of shows/movies where a girl calls a plumber and he shows up straight away.
I think its how you go about criticising it, calling people who watch it dolts and generally sounding like a jumped up first year film student like the above has is probably not the way to go about it.

Each to their own.
I think it’s how you go about criticising other posters, and picking out a single response from a poster you didn’t agree with and decontextualising the response you’ve quoted which was in response to an insult, whilst completely ignoring the original critique the poster made of the show which was completely fair, making your own comment seem like a bit sour grapes just because someone had the nerve to say that a a thing you feel is brilliant is actually a bit crap, is not the way to go about it.

Each to their own though, eh.

Last edited:
You seen the first episode? Where the Princess gets kidnapped.
Aye haha. Mad. That's probably the most normal episode I've seen so far if that makes sense.
Today I've watched the one where he thinks he's in the haunted house. Mad twist at the end.
The one where the youngun gets caught knocking one out on laptop. Good twist in that aswell. Awful.
The one where her out of Jurassic World is obsessed with her phone likes. Might get our lass and the bairn to watch that one.
Love the San Juniper one, really nice to get a heart warming ending for a change. Made me really happy that one.

Star Trek one was excellent.

White Christmas was excellent.

Wasnt keen on the one where she's getting chased about and everyone are videoing it on the phones.

The one where he goes on the Talent contest was boring aswell.

The memory one was really good, watching his lass cheat.

Last edited:
Aye haha. Mad. That's probably the most normal episode I've seen so far if that makes sense.
Today I've watched the one where he thinks he's in the haunted house. Mad twist at the end.
The one where the youngun gets caught knocking one out on laptop. Good twist in that aswell. Awful.
The one where her out of Jurassic World is obsessed with her phone likes. Might get our lass and the bairn to watch that one.
Love the San Juniper one, really nice to get a heart warming ending for a change. Made me really happy that one.

Star Trek one was excellent.

White Christmas was excellent.

Wasnt keen on the one where she's getting chased about and everyone are videoing it on the phones.

The one where he goes on the Talent contest was boring aswell.

The memory one was really good, watching his lass cheat.

That one where he gets caught Knocking one out was one the best.

Back