Black Mirror TV Series

I was wondering what the general consensus on Black Mirror was? Any good?

I've watched a few Netflix series such as The 100, Ascension, Into the Badlands, Colony, Continuum, Stranger Things, Dark Matter, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, The OA, which I thought were all good. My only gripe is that some of those were disconnected after about the third series despite being decent which tends to leave you hanging.

As there are a few series of Black Mirror is it worth beginning to watch?

first couple of seasons are brilliant. As you watch them all you kind of get the feeling some of the stories a re-hashes of things they've already touched upon

Still haven't watched the latest episodes on Netflix, from what I hear they are shite

Bit of a shame as I've enjoyed most of them up to that point

I've watched a few Netflix series such as The 100, Ascension, Into the Badlands, Colony, Continuum, Stranger Things, Dark Matter, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, The OA, which I thought were all good. My only gripe is that some of those were disconnected after about the third series despite being decent which tends to leave you hanging.

Each Black Mirror episode is stand alone. So naturally some are very good and others can be a bit samey or boring. Last series or so hasn't been particularly great iirc.

Black Mirror is great. A lot of the stuff you've sat through is shite though, so who knows whether you'll like it or not?

Series 1 Episode 1 made me feel sick, not watched anything of it since.
Same here but glad I went back to it as the rest of it is superb (apart from the wedding episode) - I advise people skip the first ep of season 1 so they don't get put off.

Watched a few and they are good but unlike a series that's connected there's nothing pulling you to watch the next one .Must have watched 3 a few months back and not gone back

In seriousness, you're not going to find that situation with Black Mirror because it's an anthology series, not a serial show with an ongoing plot. Each episode is distinct from each other episode with a new cast, new story, everything (with the exception of one episode in a later season that references early episodes without actually being related to them as such). With the exception of that one episode late on, you can watch the rest of it in any order you wish, it makes no difference, each episode is a new story like a self-contained mini-movie.

Black Mirror is great. A lot of the stuff you've sat through is shite though, so who knows whether you'll like it or not?

May be but I like the various takes on post apocalypse themes, most of which boil down to interpretations of the human psyche. I liked the Walking Dead.
In seriousness, you're not going to find that situation with Black Mirror because it's an anthology series, not a serial show with an ongoing plot. Each episode is distinct from each other episode with a new cast, new story, everything (with the exception of one episode in a later season that references early episodes without actually being related to them as such). With the exception of that one episode late on, you can watch the rest of it in any order you wish, it makes no difference, each episode is a new story like a self-contained mini-movie.

That will be different for me. I'm retired so tend to get sucked into a story line and blitz watch a series.

Last edited:

Back