Black Friday

There are still bargains about if you are looking for something specific and have done your research beforehand.

I’m hoping Beerhawk offer 50% off all homebrew equipment like they did last year - they are expensive compared to my usual HB equipment sites at full price but at half price their stuff is a bargain. I have a feeling last year’s offer was only because they’d recently launched the HB range and they only did it to boost their visibility.
The first time I heard about the black Friday sales was years ago on here from a thread like this one. It seemed to be just Amazon then and a lot on here I seem to remember were buying ice watches. I never bought anything and still today haven't bought anything on any black Friday. I'm trying not to buy stuff just because it's cheap something I've done in the past and ended up never using what I bought.

Whole concept is weird. “Let’s sell things cheaply during the busiest retail season” aye reeto :lol:
Well, that's likely a good business model to be honest. People are looking to spend money by lowering the price on a few items for a limited time period, a good chunk of people are likely to get hooked in and buy shit they were not even looking for/weren't ready to buy.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my eye out for a 2 in 1 / touchscreen laptop. Got a few bookmarked which i keep checking prices on to see if or how much they drop by. Cheers for the camelcamel link, not used that site before

I'm keeping my eye out for a 2 in 1 / touchscreen laptop. Got a few bookmarked which i keep checking prices on to see if or how much they drop by. Cheers for the camelcamel link, not used that site before
I use a surface pro provided by work. Keyboard comes away leaving just the tablet etc. I never ever use the touch screen.

Don't know if you're just after windows or not but the pixelbook is down to £699 on the Google store and John Lewis if chrome OS is any good to you.

I bought a 32 inch telly last year for my lads bedroom from Curry's and it was 129 quid. Went in on black Friday and the same telly was being advertised in the black Friday sale for 159.99 reduced from 229. Load of absolute bollox this black Friday shite .will miss seeing the scratters fighting each other over Polaroid tellys in Asda like .

Massively late to the game like but just signed up to music unlimited. Absolutely unreal. Literally any song you can think of available and you just ask for it :eek: future is here people.

Whole concept is weird. “Let’s sell things cheaply during the busiest retail season” aye reeto :lol:
I guess it was an American thing as it was the day after Thanksgiving, so it kinda made sense - American's dont get many holidays, but this weekend is by far the biggest one.

Makes no sense at all having it in the UK, a fortnight before the busiest shopping time of the whole year - you'd think it would cannibalise their Xmas profits.

Its ideal for me, as it helps me get most of my Xmas stuff sorted.

I use a surface pro provided by work. Keyboard comes away leaving just the tablet etc. I never ever use the touch screen.
Snap.

I bought a 32 inch telly last year for my lads bedroom from Curry's and it was 129 quid. Went in on black Friday and the same telly was being advertised in the black Friday sale for 159.99 reduced from 229. Load of absolute bollox this black Friday shite .will miss seeing the scratters fighting each other over Polaroid tellys in Asda like .
I got a decent deal at Richer Sounds last year mind, on a telly and on a surround sound setup.
Not crazy cheap, but a definite discount on the normal price.

Virgin trains do some canny deals.
I know this as I booked trains up to Durham from the new forest early November last year (to travel in Feb) and a few weeks later on Black Friday I could have bought the tickets cheaper and gone first class.

I’m putting off buying my trains home till BF this year , so wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t do any deals this year :rolleyes:

Back