"black friday"

should it now be called black fortnight instead?

was canny craic till the retailer's got greedy and started to string it out.

The big retailers will soon want to move Halloween to earlier in the year so the Christmas spending can start earlier.....

They like to fool customers into thinking they're getting a bargain more like
All the shite they cant sell over the year. Hoy it on at cost price, or gradually increase the price over the year, to make it seem like a cracking discount, to make way for the xmas gear.

I bought a 32 in telly in pcworld about august last year for 139.99. I was in there on black Friday and it was advertised for 179.99 reduced from 259.99. It's a load of old bollox this black Friday nonsense
I've seen stuff I've bought, with them using the same tactics you describe.
I'm surprised a lot more people don't realise what they do

I bought a 32 in telly in pcworld about august last year for 139.99. I was in there on black Friday and it was advertised for 179.99 reduced from 259.99. It's a load of old bollox this black Friday nonsense

This.

Me & the missus sat down a few weeks back and wrote down stuff to get the kids and prices. Now toy'r'us and Tesco have 'deals' on that are loads more expensive that we had planned; are people that stupid?

Me & the missus sat down a few weeks back and wrote down stuff to get the kids and prices. Now toy'r'us and Tesco have 'deals' on that are loads more expensive that we had planned; are people that stupid?

Yes! Saw people complaining about Argos 3 for 2 on toys. They'd put toys in their basket online ready for when the 3 for 2 started. When the offer came on, all the prices of the toys went up so there wasn't any money saving.

Back