Black friday 2023 Deals

ibought one for the missus Christmas present. On the day it arrived the discounted one was advertised. So I returned it without even opening it and ordered another one. What a silly little dance. Due to my ignorance of discounting practices but still silly.
I read somewhere that Amazon refund the difference these days in those circumstances but returning it isn't a problem either.

Out of interest why would you do this? Seems a lot of faf on.

This won’t happen as it’s linked to the Alexa. If they did this they couldn’t link as well.
They would have to start again with both
Bigger picture is so they can create a walled garden os that they can control with out the hassle of the user line android os.
Eufy has a decent sale on cameras and doorbells etc.

Last edited:
Eufy has a decent sale on cameras and doorbells etc.
Just installed a pair of their small 2k range with built in solar panel. Apparently in normal use the battery lasts 3 months anyway, and they recon it only needs 3 hours of sunlight per day to fully charge the batter (which I doubt). But if I can get away with only charging it once per year in mid-winter, then that's great.

Night time picture is reasonable at distance, pretty good up close.

Only issue is my wifi barely reaches the only places I can install them. So looks like I have to fork out for a f***ing new router now anarl!

Just installed a pair of their small 2k range with built in solar panel. Apparently in normal use the battery lasts 3 months anyway, and they recon it only needs 3 hours of sunlight per day to fully charge the batter (which I doubt). But if I can get away with only charging it once per year in mid-winter, then that's great.

Only issue is my wifi barely reaches the only places I can install them. So looks like I have to fork out for a f***ing new router now anarl!

Could just buy a WiFi extender that plugs in to a socket

yeah my shield is still going strong , with kodi.

remember when amazon bannned kodi boxes , only kodi can be put on firestick now

The mail 🥱
yeah my shield is still going strong , with kodi.

remember when amazon bannned kodi boxes , only kodi can be put on firestick now

I watch my ahem on my firestick no problems

Last edited:
Could just buy a WiFi extender that plugs in to a socket
tbh, signal is a problem all round.
Ground floor is all solid brick walls, so unless the router is in the middle, if you are 2 walls away you get nowt. But that means in most places outside, its travelling through 2 brick walls to get outside - i.e. no signal again.

I could put one in the kitchen which could cover the garden (and the garden camera). Actually I have one already that I could try.
And I have ethernet in the study/old garage - so I'm sure I can get a repeater that takes the ethernet signal, which would cover the front of the house.

Mesh might be better? I know bugger all about that stuff. But I'm moving office upstairs soon, and I need a much stronger signal for that (or again, run cable, which isn't as easy this time around.

If you are with virgin, their wifi extender pods are fantastic.

Ordered that. The new Homebase and the latest doorbell. Just waiting for them to turn up. I have similar concerns about the wifi range

Back