Black Eye Friday

I popped out for a pint or three around 10-30, the pubs were so quiet I bought a few cans and headed home. The Lily Bar had a band on but barely a punter to be seen. Weird as it's usually quite busy at this time of year.

Home in one piece after being out from 2ish. Only issue I had was a lad who nearly spilled my gin in Cooper Rose as he was trying to take some selfies with some lasses who were out of his league but tolerating him.

Luckily as a black eye Friday veteran of many years a quick swerve left my Monkey 47 and Fever Tree intact.

having to listen to linchpin to calm down, what a mad night - I was doing a gig and some nutter threatened my marra full on but he didn't make any contact so I had to restrain myself like a coiled spring. he made threats to pick up a bottle :eek: I could have nacked him like. if I felt like it..

100% agree it's a stupid f***ing name and encourages little shites to try and act the big man.

However, I've never seen any bother when I've gone out on this night and how the hell do you charge a name that isn't exactly official.
Noticed when driving back from Manchester yesterday that the local radio stations in a few places call it Mad Friday. Wonder if black eye is a North East thing?

Had couple Newcastle after work , was busy but not daft , seen it busier on a bank hol, just went straight home once back in sunland so cant comment on the town

Can’t wait for this, me and one of the lads at work until 4, home changed, town for a few then metro through. Can’t believe we have him up here. Seen him in Ibiza 4 times in the last two year, superb!!
Just woke up, knackered and absolutely deaf as a post. Great night but I preferred Guiseppe Ottovani's set.

Back