Black Earth Rising

Seems like this could be an intriguing drama based around the prosecution of war crimes. No idea what's going on as yet but it's got John Goodman and Michaela Coel in it and they're always good.

It's on BBC2 is my guess. It's fantastically well made, mature TV drama thus far though. Michaela Coel's going to be a major, major star (in fairness Chewing Gum and The Aliens had suggested that).

The
bit where they waltz into the international criminal court with two guns and then the high profile war crime suspect has no armed guards
was a bit of a stretch, but not as much as
EVERY SINGLE THING
in Bodyguard

aye saw a good review in the free metro paper , but it hasn't been plugged much so guess a lot of people are missing out

aye saw a good review in the free metro paper , but it hasn't been plugged much so guess a lot of people are missing out

It's probably a bit more difficult to sell to the public than Bodyguard is. Cast isn't as well known and it's about global/African politics rather than UK politics. It's also not written by Jed Mercurio.

I reckon it's an easy sell to the public, but the execs assumed it wouldn't be

There's also that. If it does well and has potential for more series, the BBC will move things to BBC1. I still can't fathom why a move of channel will seemingly increase viewing figures. Do people just passively stick a channel on and keep watching it all night or only check the BBC1 and ITV listings?

There's also that. If it does well and has potential for more series, the BBC will move things to BBC1. I still can't fathom why a move of channel will seemingly increase viewing figures. Do people just passively stick a channel on and keep watching it all night or only check the BBC1 and ITV listings?

I know, it's daft. People love a hospital drama like Casualty. In the 90s when it was doing extremely well, ER was also on which was a very good hospital drama and had George Clooney in it. But ER was only on Channel 4 and got Channel 4 type viewing figures. Top end for that channel but a fraction of what a similar show was getting on BBC1.

Back