Bizzare things you see at the match

I was be ironic, it was me and a mate travelling on the burton bus as we live in the area ( and are season ticket holders). £18 return instead of £50 made total sense, but I could have done without the shit performance. Their fans were sound and real football folk.
Nice one marra.

I seen a professional footballer kick thin air under no pressure in the 2nd half.

That was canny impressive mind! Same as Burge passing to Lynch, the Lynch back to Burge under no pressure in the 92nd minute, when we are desperate for a goal! 😆
I once saw an overhead flag thing or whatever they are called, on the Roker End at Roker Park. It was a giant white sheet when unveiled above heads it simplyread DRINK BOOZE in red. :lol:

Great advice for watching Sunderland

2 idiots getting on the Burton supporters bus with Sunderland scarfs and getting a life home to Burton:rolleyes:

Their ultras nicked our scarves :(
I once saw a head steward struggle to remove what seem like a lad aged about 16 from his seat. The kid had hold of a railing and the steward was karate chopping his arm while the police looked on and done nothing even though this steward was assaulting the kid. Eventually the steward realised the kid was going nowhere so just walked away looking like the tit he was.

:lol: Rumours are he's still there clinging to the railing.

Last edited:
The spontaneous chant always intrigues me. Some years back in the West Stand at the SOL, just before kick off. an announcement came over the public adress system for a Mr "so and so" to meet his wife, and gave a gate number. A bloke about 3 rows down got up very sheepishly and made his way out, to an instantaneous chant of "You' ve got to do the shoppin" "You've got to do the shoppin"
:lol: Rumours are he's still there clinging to the railing.

He didn't see the wet paint sign

Last edited:
There was once a lad sat in the row in front of me who pulled out a pack of roast beef slices for his half time snack. He stood there just rolling them up and tucking in. He even offered them around.

I once saw a head steward struggle to remove what seem like a lad aged about 16 from his seat. The kid had hold of a railing and the steward was karate chopping his arm while the police looked on and done nothing even though this steward was assaulting the kid. Eventually the steward realised the kid was going nowhere so just walked away looking like the tit he was.

poor lad was only walking near the fanzone on his way to the Bridges as well had no intention of going to the match

must be one of Methvens new initiatives to boost crowds

5 of the players clearly not putting it in for the manager? ..now remind me how many "new ones" did he want in January!?

That spiderman pitch invader firing invisible webs at chelseas goalkeeper takes some beating mind. Totally turned the game on its head too. We were getting humped before he entered the pitch, proper lifted the fans spirits 😁

A Sunderland player taking a throw in on Tuesday night and it going straight to a Burton player.
I shouldn't have been surprised to be fair because I saw a different Sunderland player do the same thing against Coventry on Saturday.
In the Championship we didn't move at all at throw-in's which must have made in very difficult for the player taking the throw so I kind of understand how this has crept in to our style of play. Quite clever really.

Back