1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcoin

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Doctor Diesel, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Heard about this on the radio this morning but didn’t understand it and can’t be bothered to read the thread. What’s worth the money? An actual bitcoin itself? in which case what did they start at and how are they so expensive now?

2. Andy_Roker1983

Andy_Roker1983 Striker

Capital gains tax free allowance is currently 11,300. Sell a bitcoin transfer the tax free amount into your bank. Wait couple
    month then transfer the other couple of grand. Do you think the tax man would find out? Not that I have this problem mind :lol:

It’s be a nice problem to have. Bet there’s loads of people who haven’t declared it.

3. PTR

PTR Striker

Surely this has all the hallmarks of a classic bubble now?

The demand is from people who don't understand, trying to get on the train, and all the clever people are picking a moment to dump?

4. safcsafc

safcsafc Midfield

Can't argue with that profit mind. It's all just numbers on a screen until the cash is sitting in your bank.

She might be kicking herself if it does get to 40k though:)

No7 likes this.
  5. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

Now we get out ^

6. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Haway man, like I have money to invest in anything :lol:

7. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Goalkeeper

Haway man you have to keep one of them.

Billy The Kid and No7 like this.
  8. Doctor Diesel

Doctor Diesel Striker

Please post a picture of her expression when they hit 100k USD and you've already sold them at her wish

No7 likes this.
  9. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

Bitcoin has died 202 times iirc

PTR and No7 like this.
  10. kossoff

kossoff Midfield

His wife does by the sounds of it...

11. No7

No7 Midfield

I will to be fair. But as you say, it's the profit currently made. She's holding that over my head :lol:

If I had my way, I would be keeping the lot for a lot longer. I can't live a life where I'm getting moaned at every waking minute of the day because of this ha!

I'll post mine :lol:

Without a brown paper bag :lol:

safcsafc likes this.
  12. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Goalkeeper

She doesn't have to know does she? If you just keep the one. Or half of one.

13. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

She's already spent te money by sounds of it every last penny or is it a satoshi

Doctor Diesel and No7 like this.
  14. No7

No7 Midfield

She'd know. She knows what they're worth now!

:lol::lol::lol:

15. pfoz88

pfoz88 Central Defender

This didnt pan out as expected.

16. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

It's been like this for a couple of months now. Bubble for sure, just when will it pop. If it doesn't pop soon, then a lot of erm speculative people could end up doing very well out of it.

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

It's the very definition of a bubble.

Tech stocks in the dotcom crash were worth $2.9tn before collapsing in 2000, whereas the market cap of bitcoin currently stands at $170bn, which could signal there is more room for the bubble to grow. The libertarian dream of bitcoin’s creators is of a currency existing outside the traditional world of finance. But the bigger bitcoin grows and the more conventional institutions such as the CME get involved, the more chance there is of investors losing money and for regulators to intervene.
    https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-bubble-waiting-to-burst-or-a-good-investment

DON'T !!!!

Unless you can afford to lose it all

18. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

There’s been about 4 bitcoin bubbles tbf

Wish i'd invested a few bob in Amazon and Ebay before the bubble burst mind

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Coeus likes this.
  19. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Aye, but in the last couple of months it's been everywhere.

20. Indeed

The tax authorities in the US have made Coinbase release details I think.