Bitcoin

LozB

Midfield
No. Citi are trying to issue DARS. the margining and capital is too big. It won't happen.
Didn't know about that. A quick read and is it really that different to futures, not actually owning the crypto?
It might drive price up a bit if banks are accumulating the crypto they then receipt to others?

monkeytassle

Striker
Didn't know about that. A quick read and is it really that different to futures, not actually owning the crypto?
It might drive price up a bit if banks are accumulating the crypto they then receipt to others?
Depends if they want to go long or short I suppose. I think goldman shelved their crypto market making desk

safcforever

Striker
Looks like it’s all going south. LTC is nearly gone, ETH won’t be far behind it.
Could this be the moment where they all go pop? Hipegully some (the ones I’m invested in) will survive and come out bigger than ever?

LozB

Midfield
I made 120% profit over a few days on BAT recently, there are still opportunities to make money, but market is massively volatile and it’s all basically gambling.

monkeytassle

Striker
I made 120% profit over a few days on BAT recently, there are still opportunities to make money, but market is massively volatile and it’s all basically gambling.
Can I ask why you bought BAT in the last few days? Any fundamental reason? I realise you said it's a punt

LozB

Midfield
Can I ask why you bought BAT in the last few days? Any fundamental reason? I realise you said it's a punt
Not based on any TA. Just been watching it for a while and rumours of it being added to Coinbase which turned out to be true. Always good for a quick pump but has since retraced a bit. Next one rumoured to be added to Coinbase is Cardano (ADA) which I've held since last year (should I have sold up when it 10x) and still down on so if price pumps I'll look to get out with a small profit or at worst break even.

The prices these days don't seem to be based on actual performance of projects, more pump and dumps when added to Coinbase, Binance etc.

Everyone seems to be waiting on ETF approvals and Bakkt coming in, along with historically prices rising end of each year (Not that that means anything). I've got a lot less interest in watching it day to day now, massive manipulation.