Bitcoin

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Doctor Diesel, Nov 23, 2017.

1. gazza.1990

gazza.1990 Midfield

Exactly, hence why i find it ridiculous he is coming across as an "i told you so" because being in his line of work is not the only way to have known there would be crashes in this market.

There will be people who lost a lot of money on this and the last thing they want to read is arrogant posts of foreseeing it.

Aye already said i was hasty saying no-one and explaned i meant the posts around the oct/nov boom originally.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

I told people to get out. I mean I thought I helped. Lad on here avoided a mess from it.

Taggartis likes this.
  3. Arthur80

Arthur80 Midfield

ffs i had 3 peter rabbits and a jamima puddle duck but bought 0.000004 bitcoin with them.

Outlaw Pete and Slatz63 like this.
  4. duff_man

duff_man Striker

People who invest in anything should be prepared to lose it all, that is the first rule of investing.
    If you didn’t have to be in his line of work to know there would be crashes in the market how come people lost money? Greed, that is the answer, people make a small amount then think they are invincible thinking they are going to automatically make more and more, doesn’t work like that unfortunately.

5. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Despite what I may have said I genuinely didn't want people to lose money. Its not a nice feeling. I may have been flippant and dismissive but I was genuinely fearful about how this would play out. I know how this works, people will be holding on to underwater positions hoping it comes back rather than take their medicine. The reality is many haven't a clue what their money is tied up in.

Did we know that someone is trying to get another crypto investment vehicle past the sec for example?

sketchy and gazza.1990 like this.
  6. LozB

LozB Midfield

Do you mean the CBOE SolidX ETF? That seems to be the one people are hanging their hopes on.

7. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

No. Citi are trying to issue DARS. the margining and capital is too big. It won't happen.

8. safcforever

safcforever Striker

It will be

9. 100,000 rupees maybe

safcforever likes this.
  10. I’m long on Turkish Lira.

11. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

That's the opposite of a bubble. 1 week repo 24%

12. I look on it as a bubblette

13. gazza.1990

gazza.1990 Midfield

Isn't that why people invest? To get even more money than they currently have, is that not in itself Greed?

Its the same as all investments, part guess part educated part smart. You get in and you get out at a particular point. We've seen one massive ATH and one hell of a drop, some made a bit, some made a lot and some lost on the same scales.

Completely agree with whatever you invest you have to be prepared to lose.

That's a fair post.

14. There’s a cracking “look at me, I earn £1m a year” post hidden here like

gazza.1990 and peil like this.
  15. Taggartis

Taggartis Midfield

Chatting to billionaires one minute the smb the next :lol:

BigPete likes this.
  16. Outlaw Pete

Outlaw Pete Midfield

Sometimes you have to accept that other people know way more than you. MT is right, he didn't want people to lose money but because this is his field he could see what would happen. Fortunately I didn't get involved but I'm still waiting to see if I should hold my shares in Xcite Energy - MT, any advice? :)

17. BigPete

BigPete Winger

I wouldn't expect my pals too either if they were loaded but I would still help them if I was.

I'm a generous person.

18. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

I noticed that one. I was assuming his rich mate was earning that much not him though.

19. He also said he wouldn’t put two years salary in. It’s implied.

20. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Aye. I thought that at first too. There's no way he earns that much like. If he does he can lend me a tenner.

BigPete likes this.