Bitcoin

I had around 100-200 bitcoins years ago when bitcoin first came about as I used it for my Newsbin subscription.. spent most of them when they hit double figures (I bought mine for next to nowt).
Id pretty much forgotten about them till a friend mentioned that they had rocketed in price... At the time I think they were like 400 quid each and I had around 3 of 4 left... spent most on computer kit at the time as thats all I could buy and spent a few on CEX. When they hit the dizzy heights recently I think I may have had around 0.125 of a bitcoin left.... I bought a new ps4 pro from Scan and then the price dropped again...
Those talking about investing in Ethereum.... I had always thought that its price point was linked directly to bitcoin?

LozB

Midfield
piled in when marketcap hit 200 billion last week thinking we'd hit bottom

that was a good idea :lol:
Last week I sold a few existing crypto off, to buy into ADA, BAT and ONT, thinking as they were well down now was the time to pick some up on the cheap. 30% down more in a few days, genius! :)

Pacific

Striker
Last week I sold a few existing crypto off, to buy into ADA, BAT and ONT, thinking as they were well down now was the time to pick some up on the cheap. 30% down more in a few days, genius! :)
ADA was the first Crypto i bought when this thread was quite active in what must have been October/November last year. think it might have been off the back of something i'd read from you actually :lol:

i bought more last week when it was $0.085 thinking it couldn't possibly go any lower...

and 'on paper' i've got hundreds of pounds tied up in locked ICO tokens as everyone is terrified to list in this market

safcsafc

Midfield
If I sell today I'll have £10 profit from the £50 I put in last year..

Mind that 50 quid had rose to £933 at one point. I got to greedy and didn't cash out :)

LozB

Midfield
ADA was the first Crypto i bought when this thread was quite active in what must have been October/November last year. think it might have been off the back of something i'd read from you actually :lol:

i bought more last week when it was $0.085 thinking it couldn't possibly go any lower...

and 'on paper' i've got hundreds of pounds tied up in locked ICO tokens as everyone is terrified to list in this market
I bought in when it was around $0.11 then it went to $1.30 I think. should have taken my money and ran there!

So a few of you got stung then I take it?

You should listen to @monkeytassle

He knows his stuff.
I took my initial investment out, it's all house money for me, but in hindsight (a wonderful thing) I should have taken profit when I was up, it's a learning exercise for me really.

It's incredible when you see the figures involved. Yet this crash feels like it has been fairly underreported.
To be fair, it may be bigger than the dot com crash in some terms, but not in real terms. The real economy hasn’t tanked, companies haven’t gone under, loads of people haven’t lost their jobs.

As someone else put it, this has basically just been a big video game with some people pumping loads of money in. Nothings really changed in the real world. Other than some chancers/scammers got rich.

Arthur80

Midfield
Probably start seeing the stories soon of people who are losing their houses who gambled massive amounts thinking they'd get rich, people were maxing out their credit cards to buy them.

Hugh Gains

Winger
I was holding a lot of wtc and the price went to $40, its subsequently at around $3, however I bought and sold on the way down and if it goes back to its all time high Im a millionaire.

Pray for Hugh.

Pacific

Striker
I bought in when it was around $0.11 then it went to $1.30 I think. should have taken my money and ran there!
yeah i bought at similar initial figures and then a few more times up until around 22 cents. couldn't bring myself to sell with how quickly it was rising even when it hit $1.30. eventually sold a few months back at 40 cents and moved the money elsewhere so have just bought back the same amount of coins i was holding before for a fraction of the price

on a positive note the marketcap this time last year was around 150billion so we're still up from a year ago :lol: here's hoping for the October bull run like last year. i'll know to sell this time if it happens