Bitch just hit my car and drove off then denied it.

you are quite entitled to cover off your premises as long as you can justify it. pretty easy to justify it covering your car parked on the road.
a little harder to justify, you covering the neighbours 20 year old bedroom window just in case a burglar breaks in there.

lots of arguments about this but appears courts just want common sense as once start legislating the nightmare begins.

That's what happened with dummy cameras. it was held that if a camera was visible then it was expected that camera would be recording and therefore affording protection of that service. so the owner of the dummy camera could be sued in civil court

(ive been away from this side of things for 8 years now, so thing may have changed).
Do you think I should move my camera?

Last edited:
you are quite entitled to cover off your premises as long as you can justify it. pretty easy to justify it covering your car parked on the road.
a little harder to justify, you covering the neighbours 20 year old bedroom window just in case a burglar breaks in there.

lots of arguments about this but appears courts just want common sense as once start legislating the nightmare begins.

That's what happened with dummy cameras. it was held that if a camera was visible then it was expected that camera would be recording and therefore affording protection of that service. so the owner of the dummy camera could be sued in civil court

(ive been away from this side of things for 8 years now, so thing may have changed).
if I was a burglar I would do just that, a 20 year old window has to be a bit fragile, probably piss easy to break into.

Back