Bit of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mackemindatoon

Alreet lads, I've started getting back into the gym so i'm doing mon,wed,fri cardio and tue,thurs weights.

I've been noticing twinges in me left shoulder for a while when i try to lift it upwards but never thought anything of it till i got on the shoulder press last night. I could barely lift 15kgs with me left arm without there being a pain as if my shoulder was trying to rip itself apart. Reckon i should go get it checked at the docs?

oh and it is only the upwards motion with my left shoulder that seems the bother any other type of movement is fine

may aswell get it checked out wont do any harm and if you do have a injury you can start rehabilitating to get it back to how it was, i bust my shoulder last oct i think it was and im only having a mri today to find out whats wrong so sooner u get it looked at the better

had the same thing a few years back, let it heal on its own and now its ok but still not right. still cant do shoulder machines very well but seem to do ok with dumb bells. go see a physio and get it sorted

had the same thing a few years back, let it heal on its own and now its ok but still not right. still cant do shoulder machines very well but seem to do ok with dumb bells. go see a physio and get it sorted

As Phil says, go see a physio. Don't waste your time with your GP, they are jacks of all trades and master of none and will just refer to your local hospital with a probable 8 week wait.

I had a very similar problem recently.....only showed itself during a shoulder press or when extending my arm fully to reach for something. Just one session of deep tissue massage sorted it out......i got mine free through work but the girl who did it (Joanne at Ashbrooke physio) charges (i think) £25/half hour and £35 for a full hour.

cheers lads, was wondering if it would fix itself like but i reckon i'll be best off gannen to see the docs like to get a referral ;)

Had this myself turned out its a sprained? rota cuff, went to the doctors he sacked me off with a leaflet for a physio that I had to just ring and book an appointment with. Got another appointment on Thursday to see if its improved much. He pretty much just touched me up, gave me abit of resistance band and a sheet of stretches to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back