Bit desperate, but time to recall Baldwin from Salford...

officerbill

Winger
From the early stages of this season I always had very grave doubts about our defense, in particular our Center Backs.Although Ozturk was utilized towards the end of last season he never really 'kicked on' saying that the lad cant be any worse than these two blanks in the side right now. Since the start of the season I have been a massive critic of Willis,saw him play a couple of times at Coventry and felt he was nowt spectacular there. Even upon signing for us,it was clearly apparent the lad couldn't pass a ball and was nothing more then a ' head tennis merchant ' unfortunately criticize Willis and you get slaughtered on here.But slowly and surely fans on here are starting to wake up and see the deficiencies of these players.

Anyway rant over, this defense needs to be tightened up and having Lynch in the side isn't the answer the lad couldn't even get a game at QPR. Desperate times call for desperate measures and its now time to recall Baldwin from Salford. The lad wasn't that bad,ok he was always had the odd error in him but he was better than these current two at Center Half.Indeed I always felt this lad was thrown under the bus following the Coventry home game last season.

Just feel this is an option we need to explore but Baldwin and Flanagan beck in at CB. Cue the abuse....lol

I'd prefer Baldwin to Flanagan but neither of them are an improvement on the current two, they're nowhere near as good in fact.
Anyway rant over, this defense needs to be tightened up and having Lynch in the side isn't the answer the lad couldn't even get a game at QPR. Desperate times call for desperate measures and its now time to recall Baldwin from Salford. The lad wasn't that bad,ok he was always had the odd error in him but he was better than these current two at Center Half.Indeed I always felt this lad was thrown under the bus following the Coventry home game last season.

Just feel this is an option we need to explore but Baldwin and Flanagan beck in at CB. Cue the abuse....lol

You mean Championship QPR? Using that logic then Baldwin cannot get a game at League One Sunderland, was let go cheaper than bought by League One Peterborough and slated by their fans and Flanagan was back up utility player/fullback at Burton Albion in the Championship and they didn't even want him. Doesn't really work does it?
Baldwin was our best CB for about 2/3 of last season, when we were objectively much better than we are now.

We were better in several areas because in a few of them we had better players - centre half probably being the only area we didn't.

Last edited:
I'd prefer Baldwin to Flanagan but neither of them are an improvement on the current two, they're nowhere near as good in fact.

You mean Championship QPR? Using that logic then Baldwin cannot get a game at League One Sunderland, was let go cheaper than bought by League One Peterborough and slated by their fans and Flanagan was back up utility player/fullback at Burton Albion in the Championship and they didn't even want him. Doesn't really work does it?

Correct,but playing Willis when he's carrying an injury in a Micky Mouse cup tie is mad.

We were better in several areas because in a few of them we had better players - centre half probably being the only area we didn't.

Respect and understand your point Perry, but I honestly believe Baldwin and Flanagan are a better CB pairing than the current two. As previously stated I believe Willis is grossly overrated.

Baldwin took the blame for the Coventry debacle, which was strange as Flanagan was equally shite that day but he got an extended run in the team anyway.

Ozturk is a weird one because he's limited yes but as an actual defender I like him. Wins it, doesn't mess about, strong in the tackle, decent positionally and good in the air. Can't pass but at the minute i'm more concerned about just defending. He seems to get a run of 5 or 6 games, do well and then get dropped. We rotate through centre backs until we end up back with him, he does well again, we lose a game and he takes the blame and is dropped. I'd say WIllis, Ozturk and Lynch are our best 3 centre halfs for sure but i'd definitely have Baldwin here before Flanagan any day.

From the early stages of this season I always had very grave doubts about our defense, in particular our Center Backs.Although Ozturk was utilized towards the end of last season he never really 'kicked on' saying that the lad cant be any worse than these two blanks in the side right now. Since the start of the season I have been a massive critic of Willis,saw him play a couple of times at Coventry and felt he was nowt spectacular there. Even upon signing for us,it was clearly apparent the lad couldn't pass a ball and was nothing more then a ' head tennis merchant ' unfortunately criticize Willis and you get slaughtered on here.But slowly and surely fans on here are starting to wake up and see the deficiencies of these players.

Baldwin the new Baresi....

if he's on a season loan you can't recall him until Jan at the earliest and only then if you put a recall clause in the loan

if not he's there for the season

Back