Birmingham 6

Do you think the men named today should be put on trial and if found guilty serve life in prison?

Ideally yes, but thats not possible is it?

What I dont like is your utter lack of consideration for the innocent men who were tortured and falsely imprisoned, and then you wonder why the IRA might have got support?

Not specifically linked with the Birmingham 6 topic, but has anyone seen Daniel Day Lewis’ film ‘In the name of the father’ which is about the Guildford 4 (so it’s similar)?

Superb film and Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic in it.

That was the Conlon family right? Not familiar with it but by all accounts the father died in prison. Sad.

Last edited:

What I dont like is your utter lack of consideration for the innocent men who were tortured and falsely imprisoned, and then you wonder why the IRA might have got support?

That was the Conlon family right? Not familiar with it but by all accounts the father died in prison. Sad.
So why did the IRA members/associates/supporters not own up to who it was? Did they feel sympathy for the wrongly accused?
Your talking shit as usual pal.

Aye - Gerry Conlon named as ringleader - wasn’t involved in any terrorist acts but was out robbing on the night of the bombings if the film is to be believed, I didn’t know anything about it before I watched the film.

I have said that they were members of the IRA. And I said that it was a disgrace that they were imprisoned under false accusations. And torture is wrong full stop.

But they got justice. The families didn't. The police let them down too.

I have said that they were members of the IRA. And I said that it was a disgrace that they were imprisoned under false accusations. And torture is wrong full stop.

But they got justice. The families didn't. The police let them down too.

To which you have still not provided a shred of evidence.

Read the full article marra.

I did, what is it you dont agree with?

Last edited:
To which you have still not provided a shred of evidence.
I don't care anymore. They got their justice and fair play. But the families won't. Even if those men named today did kill all those innocent people they can't be prosecuted. They will continue to be free men and hailed as heroes by some.

I don't care anymore. They got their justice and fair play. But the families won't. Even if those men named today did kill all those innocent people they can't be prosecuted. They will continue to be free men and hailed as heroes by some.
Torture and 17 years in jail is justice? Mmmm ok then

Back