Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games

Thursday 28th July - Monday 8th August

Coverage: Watch live on BBC TV with extra streams on BBC iPlayer, Red Button, BBC Sport website and BBC Sport mobile app

Cricket, Cycling and Triathlon i'm looking forward to watching

Athletics, cycling, gymnastics and swimming will be massively covered. The team sports are always good. The rugby 7s, netball and cricket are pretty much de facto World Cups.

Also, bowls.
My favourite part is the "it's a birmingham thing" tag when two of the people featured are from walsall and dudley.

"It's a Dudley thing" just sounds wrong though.

Athletics, cycling, gymnastics and swimming will be massively covered. The team sports are always good. The rugby 7s, netball and cricket are pretty much de facto World Cups.

Also, bowls.

"It's a Dudley thing" just sounds wrong though.
Dudley Do-Wrong

Used to work opposite a bloke from Dudlaaay, long days when he was at his desk.
😁

Seems to have crept up on this this time what with everything else going on.

I went to a few events in Glasgow 8 years ago and had a good time (loved the rugby sevens) but didn't bother to look at tickets for Brum. Just a shame they couldn't find time in the diary for a men's cricket competition as you would have had the West Indies islands competing as individual countries.

Walked past a hotel in Westfield Stratford yesterday and police outside then saw that it was london hq for the games. Few competitor's swanning around..

Quick Google and it seems they are using the velodrome in the Olympic park as building one in Brum wasn't cost effective

Looking forward to this event , though for some it will be the bbc ramming sport down their throats again

adam peaty I’m hoping wins a gold and will be watching the t20 cricket.

Back