1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin Strike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by danbob, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mickb2112

mickb2112 Winger

Maybe you`re right but it`s a shame the same criteria regarding productivity isn`t aimed at the top too. far too many CEO`s are presiding over companies that are failing to hit their targets yet still manage to grab 6 figure bonuses

2. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

But your just doing whataboutism. The dispute is with the binmen, personally I'd say if they wanted to strengthen their case for a pay rise surely exceeding the average productivity would give a better argument and stance from which to negotiate than just to strike when they are under performing anyway, surely the union has said this to them. It's almost like saying yep we can't do the job to the standards expected now but we still want a pay rise, not going to get much of a sympathetic hearing that way

3. Katylala

Katylala Central Defender

Bins laden?

Boz33 likes this.
  4. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

To the top it seems:lol:

Katylala likes this.
  5. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

In the real world it cuts both ways. Freeze my pay, demotivated me and you can stick your productivity up your arse.
    i"m fucked if I'm licking your hand for a pay rise, give me what I am worth and you will get it, otherwise you will get what my pay suggests I'm worth and as you're not interested see how you get on without me for a bit.
    Alternatively we can be reasonable.

Mackem00 likes this.
  6. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

In the real world people generally have to meet some sort of target to warrant a pay rise, these blokes aren't hitting the national average so do they deserve a pay rise?
    Then we get the 'you will get what my pay suggest I'm worth'....the pay for the job is there for them all to see if they don't want to do the job at hand for the pay on offer they can always seek employment elsewhere, or they can strike for a pay rise for a job they aren't even performing to an average level already, yep sounds like a great negotiating position

7. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

We'll see how it works out, as it stands neither you knor I know the specific reasons that targets are not met. De motivation is probably only one

8. wicketkeeper

wicketkeeper Winger

As usual you are talking fucking shite.
    Whenever the government are attacked on schools they come back with 1.8 million more children are being taught in 'good " schools so using your logic teachers deserve a whopping pay rise. The reality is they have seen their pay fall by 14% . You are just an establishment arse kicker who will never see any justification in a strike.

9. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

Maybe we should have all binmen on strike, get a bit of disease going, that'll teach the councils...maybe tie it in with nursing strikes, may get a few deaths at the same time, a price worth paying in your eyes no doubt ya fruit loop

Maybe so mate, a middle grounds going to have to be reached, as it's obvious as soon as one strike gets a whacking pay rise, sure as shit, others will be on the march demanding the same, and then it'll be well they got a pay rise what about us

danbob likes this.
  10. YorkMackem

YorkMackem Striker

My principle announced our annual pay rise as being 0.7% a few years ago. My direct debit had gone up by my more than that per month! I haven't had a rise since never mind o.7%.

11. What if you don't work in a target driven environment which I'd imagine a significant proportion of the workforce don't...?

12. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

Most people will have targets from their bosses, all depends how they are quantified.

13. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

Many have ground to make up but I don't think a bin mans pay rise will be whacking. Might amount to "a new winter coat and shoes for the wife " if they're lucky.

14. What it it's just "doing your job", can you recall many times there was an issue with the bins being collected?

15. Think that's part of the problem, you have people on here arguing for and against the strike, without actually knowing the reasons behind it.

Surely whether a strike is right or wrong depends entirely on the reason behind it.

Yet on here you get the usual suspects supporting a strike and vice versa without actually going into the facts/reason for the actual dispute.

Surprising as it maybe to some, some strikes are wrong and some are justified.

16. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

The targets will be get it done 10%,quicker so we can cut crews as they retire or the older lads have to leave because they can't do the job at the run

Moyes and the Boys likes this.
  17. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

All depends on % I guess. A 5% pay rise for a binman will be buttons as I can't see them earning much, but I suppose if others under the council umbrella say righto we want 5% too the numbers would be a lot higher. Either councils start upping their council tax or they dig into the reserves they have because I can't see loads of cash coming from central govt to foot the bill for country wide pay rises

18. Or train up young Bob so you can be laid off as surplus to requirements and we can save costs paying £10k less :lol:

Skandhaless likes this.
  19. redgauntlet

redgauntlet Striker

The thu
    The thick tw-ts know that but they do not value the working classes, unless they want them to vote to make the greedy tits more money.

20. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

I find it hard to think that lads on the bin mens rate will lose a day's pay to strike if it's not justified.. At least to them. They won't be flush