Billy Joel - thicko?

Can’t say I’m a huge fan but it’s silly of anyone to write off the entire career of someone with a back catalogue as big as that. Ditto Elton John etc. Bound to be a few gems in there.

‘Big Shot’ is a canny choon.
‘New York State of Mind’ is great.

They are both talented, but in my opinion both are shite. They are the exact opposite of what I like in music.

I agree, both talented musicians without a real soul or personality. Compared to most the fuckers who make music now they are god like, but the kids of today at least have something about them as people which sells tunes fwiw.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan but it’s silly of anyone to write off the entire career of someone with a back catalogue as big as that. Ditto Elton John etc. Bound to be a few gems in there.

‘Big Shot’ is a canny choon.
‘New York State of Mind’ is great.

It's not silly to have the personal opinion that someone is shite if you don't like them. I have loved Siouxsie since her first hit but other people think she is a talentless screeching hag. It doesn't bother me in the least.

It's not silly to have the personal opinion that someone is shite if you don't like them. I have loved Siouxsie since her first hit but other people think she is a talentless screeching hag. It doesn't bother me in the least.
I'd much rather listen to Joel than Sioux but that doesn't mean one is better than the other, taste is obviously subjective, I detest Steely Dan but they have more talent than I could ever dream of musically, just their music actually makes me nauseous, same as Craig David (actually I don't think he has much talent at all tbh!)

I'd much rather listen to Joel than Sioux but that doesn't mean one is better than the other, taste is obviously subjective, I detest Steely Dan but they have more talent than I could ever dream of musically, just their music actually makes me nauseous, same as Craig David (actually I don't think he has much talent at all tbh!)
How can you not like this ?

What do ye knar about music man.Gan to bed.

There’s ‘shite’ and there’s ‘not liking them’.

I don’t particularly care for Billy Joel but he’s not ‘shite’. He’s clearly got some fairly unique talent in playing and writing, it just doesn’t really appeal to me. There are a lot of people out there who possess neither and they would be ‘shite’.

“Billy, when you wake up each morning next to Christie Brinkley do you offer up a silent prayer thanking your Mam for sending you to piano lessons?”

Says he doesn't want "clever conversation" "doesn't want to work that hard" etc :neutral:
How thick is he exactly? Or is the idea he will only go out with thick lasses?
I love Billy Joel, but "I don't want clever conversation, I love you just the way you are" has to be the most condescending line ever! :lol:

Back