Billy Joel - thicko?

cluffy

Striker
Says he doesn't want "clever conversation" "doesn't want to work that hard" etc :neutral:
How thick is he exactly? Or is the idea he will only go out with thick lasses?

He's a genius.

The New Yorker did a long profile of him a few months ago.

This is his life: He has a month taking it easy in his Long Island mansion. Then, one day a month, after teatime, a helicopter picks him up from his front garden, flies him to Madison Square Garden, he plays a show, bags $2 million, then flies home for bed. Then another month taking it easy.

He's a genius.

This is his life: He has a month taking it easy in his Long Island mansion. Then, one day a month, after teatime, a helicopter picks him up from his front garden, flies him to Madison Square Garden, he plays a show, bags $2 million, then flies home for bed. Then another month taking it easy.
Hard life eh! :lol:

I've always placed his music in the same bracket as Phil Collins - dreadful middle of the road, middle aged dreck which I wouldn't listen to if I was paid. No idea what he is like as a person and no interest in finding out.

One of the most bizarre 9/11 clips here, with the chaos and death all around one of his dirges is playing in the foyer. :cry:

Last edited:
I've always placed his music in the same bracket as Phil Collins - dreadful middle of the road, middle aged dreck which I wouldn't listen to if I was paid. No idea what he is like as a person and no interest in finding out.

I think he's mellowed since this in 1987. Hope so.

One of the most bizarre 9/11 clips here, with the chaos and death all around one of his dirges is playing in the foyer. :cry:

Billy Joel is a lot more talented than that twat Collins.

He's a genius.

No rehearsals like?

There's all those police interviews about arson as well, remember.

Talent can be overrated. I like Motley Crue and you could justifiably argue they have literally zero talent :lol:

I'm enough of a realist to know that I'm a nobody whereas Motley Crue are/were loved by millions. Of course it doesn't mean they were any good.

I'm enough of a realist to know that I'm a nobody whereas Motley Crue are/were loved by millions. Of course it doesn't mean they were any good.

Hitler was loved by millions. And had a similar approach to politics as Motley Crue have to music.

Billy Joel is more or an Alec Douglas-Hume.

Right, enough of this shite. I'm off to watch Maigrait and have a whisky.

Merry Christmas

We Didn't Start The Fire is less of a song and more of a dispassionate list of things that went on. I've seen and heard more meaningful SCS Furniture ads.

Dependent on your political bent it is possible to say that "we" (America) has started practically every fire for the last 200 years.

Back