Billy Connolly...

Love him.

His World Tour tv shows/dvds about Scotland and Australia are fantastic. He's so good at talking to and connecting with random people. Those programmes are absolute joys.

Spot on - he’s one of those chaps who effortlessly connects with anyone and everyone. He’s no agenda whatsoever.

Beyond his comedy career he’s actually a top top bloke.

I saw him years ago, in Hartlepool.
Me and my mates, had been in a car crash, on the way to an away game, to watch Sunderland, just three days before his show, and a few of my mates had either neck braces on, or arms in plaster, and we just happened to be sittiing in the front row, for Billy's show. :rolleyes:
Needless to say, my incapacitated mates, provided a lot of the material, for his observational humour, that night, as he mercilessly ripped the piss out of them. :lol:
I’m not particularly one for wanting people to rip the piss out of me, but if it was someone like Billy Connolly doing the ripping, I’d almost see it as a badge of honour. In terms of comedy, he’s about as good as it gets.

I saw him years ago, in Hartlepool.
Me and my mates, had been in a car crash, on the way to an away game, to watch Sunderland, just three days before his show, and a few of my mates had either neck braces on, or arms in plaster, and we just happened to be sittiing in the front row, for Billy's show. :rolleyes:
Needless to say, my incapacitated mates, provided a lot of the material, for his observational humour, that night, as he mercilessly ripped the piss out of them. :lol:

Borough Hall ? I was there too

Very funny man in his earlier days , his stories about growing up and working in the shipyards , became too tame in the later stages of his career

Very funny man in his earlier days , his stories about growing up and working in the shipyards , became too tame in the later stages of his career
Tried to find that online as I've only seen it once. Anybody who served their time in the yards will recognise his version.

Love Billy Connolly but surely you are exaggerating a bit by saying he made you cry with laughter

My Mam had an LP of his when I was a kid that would get played every now and again. First time I heard the “Story of Jesus and his disciples” It had me in tears of laughter.

He’s one of a small handful of comedians in his prime that could do that. Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy would be the same category for me too imho.

Love him.

His World Tour tv shows/dvds about Scotland and Australia are fantastic. He's so good at talking to and connecting with random people. Those programmes are absolute joys.
I absolutely loved the Scotland one's. Superb. With all this stuff about mental health and loneliness currently, he's a great example of talking and connecting with people on those shows.
The incontinence pants part of an Audience with....half of them needed a pair themselves.
Crying and pissing themselves.
Brilliant television.

Last edited:
i liked him better before his act included swearing and foul language tbh. seen him a few times and always enjoyed the show. awful disease.
When was that then. There are recordings available of some early gigs and there’s plenty of swearing in them. He worked in the Glasgow shipyards, he never spoke the Queens English.
During the the early years all his TV would have been sanitised, you couldn’t swear on Parky.
He made a whole routine out of saying “FUCK”

Last edited:

Back