Billy Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

This - was very funny once, but definitely continued past his peak.

Loved his scone shoes, leftover venison, looking for a party in Glasgow era, but not that long after that he became a nasty, angry arsehole. I think the Ken Bigley remark was the real start of his decline.

I saw him at Newcastle shitty hall a few years back, I wish I hadn't. A bumbling, boring, senile, rambling, unpleasant man referring to his cheat sheets every couple of minutes. People were streaming in and out, completely disinterested. He even had a ready made joke about the venue being built on a public right of way.

I was gutted. Back in his day, he was a charismatic and fascinatingly witty bloke. I could have put on a better show myself.

Whole career based on a Parkinson interview
Aye Muhammad Ali was the same. .......The f***ing Charlatans! :lol:

His comedy was class years back. Young uns wouldn't get it, as they probably wonder what he was on about. Still a funny man, and also a very good talker on his travel programs. Comes across as a nice bloke. Speaks well.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing him exchanged for prisoners of ISIS/Taliban after his Ken Bigley comments back in 2004 (I can't believe it was that long ago) ... the f***ing prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back