Bill Quay Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Winger
I used to look at the Bill Quay forum on a regular basis but I see that it is now locked. Any body know whats going on?

I used to look at the Bill Quay forum on a regular basis but I see that it is now locked. Any body know whats going on?

It'll be back up and running in the near future mate, there has been a recent criminal matter which we didn't want anonymous idiots posting potentially libellous comments on.

We appreciate that it's widely-used for local cricket banter though, and will get it back up and running as soon as possible.

It'll be back up and running in the near future mate, there has been a recent criminal matter which we didn't want anonymous idiots posting potentially libellous comments on.

We appreciate that it's widely-used for local cricket banter though, and will get it back up and running as soon as possible.

I must admit that this site seems to be better policed and hve less idiotic posts than the Bill Quay site. It would be better if the SMB forum were to be come the main area for debate as at times the level of abuse on the Bill Quay site was not acceptable.

I must admit that this site seems to be better policed and hve less idiotic posts than the Bill Quay site. It would be better if the SMB forum were to be come the main area for debate as at times the level of abuse on the Bill Quay site was not acceptable.

Stick around long enough on here and you'll be abused, yer owld kernt!!

I think whatever internet forum you go on will be the same. Allow people to post anonymously and some will exploit it. Still, I think if you're offended by anything that's ever appeared on the Quay forum you're a bit over-sensitive!!

Not over sensitive just is some times gets to childish never really been subjected to it myself but I camn see why some people aviod it. Thats the real shame as the more people posting their opinions the better the debate

Not over sensitive just is some times gets to childish never really been subjected to it myself but I camn see why some people aviod it. Thats the real shame as the more people posting their opinions the better the debate

I'd say that more often than not it gets heated - it's good that people speak honestly when they post anonymously, however as I said the problems arise when people go further than being honest and become abusive.

I'd say that more often than not it gets heated - it's good that people speak honestly when they post anonymously, however as I said the problems arise when people go further than being honest and become abusive.

Yes an now knowing about the legal case I can see that the site would have had a lot of difficulties with some ot the posts you would expect to get on there. It would need a full time moderator to keep things in check.

The difficulty is how long will it take for the gossip around the case to die down.

Shame as we only have a handful of the posters from there on here. Would be nice to get more debate about the various leagues.

What do people think about starting a thread for each league, NEPL, DSL, DCL.DCCL and NEDCL and seeing if that generates disccussion on each league. If popular they could be sticky. Some one will have to tell me how to do a sticky mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back