Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC Mack

Striker
I'm after a bike for the summer but no idea where to start, to the point where I'm not sure whether to get a mountain or road bike. It'll be mainly used for along the canal, so concrete paths and tarmac, but I may occasionally use it on the road too.

Someone mentioned about getting a tourer bike but that doesn't mean much to me. Are they something in between road and mountain?

Yeah that's what a tourer is.

Probably not a road bike if you are riding along canals all the time. You really want good surface, preferably with not much broken glass etc.

I'd say tourer/cyclocross or a mountain bike.

Depends where you are going to cycle. Ive just got a hybrid bike which combines the features of a road bike and a mountain bike making it easier to cycle over different terrains. Previously had a mountain bike but find the hybrid much better.

Depends where you are going to cycle. Ive just got a hybrid bike which combines the features of a road bike and a mountain bike making it easier to cycle over different terrains. Previously had a mountain bike but find the hybrid much better.
Cyclo cross would do it. The boardman
cx team is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back