Biggest wastes of talents ever in football

Self inflicted not those who were unlucky with injuries etc

-Billy Kenny - great player but a coke habit had him retired at 21
- Ravel Morrison - Seemed more concerned with playing a gangster than playing for Man Utd

He never really played enough but there were times when he looked exceptional, particularly when he ran a Goodison derby. Real shame.
There was a Michael Ball as well, full back who played for Everton, didn't fulfil his potential either

We ruined him giving him injections when he was injured then pushing him out the door. Had a decent career at City, Rangers and PSV. Again though a real shame, he could and should have been an Everton captain for years, great potential.

Last edited:
you're not seriously having a pop at someone for picking their hometown club they supported all their lives over money and trophiesare you?

that should be praised by any football fan surely

the Wolves bloke who quit i his early 20's due to being a Jehovahs witness is worth a shout

in what way? he can neither run not tackle like Yaya and Yaya didn't have his skill on the ball

they're nothing like each other
Apart from winning the World Cup and playing like toure whilst at Juventus I fully agree. Power, pace and goal scoring ability. something toure did during his career

Niklas Bendtner

Clearly one of the most naturally talented people to ever grace the game, but picked clubs badly, and always worked with managers who didn't understand how to harness/overlooked his supreme talent. Easily the most misunderstood footballer of all time imo.

He was bloody shite man
He was one I was gonna mention like. Nowhere near the talent of some mentioned in this thread but he undeniably wasted what he had. Went from breaking into a Premier League side aged 18 to playing in the Welsh league ten year later. 36 now but he's spent the last five year in the Irish lower leagues.
Ronaldinho.

Great player but he could have been the greatest ever if he'd kept his head on the game.
Love Ronaldinho. The fact he never seemed to take it too seriously came through in the way he played. Wonder if he'd have been the same player if he did.

Either way, don't think he'll be looking back with many regrets.

Last edited:
Love Ronaldinho. The fact he never seemed to take it too seriously came through in the way he played. Wonder if he'd have been the same player if he did.

Either way, don't think he'll be looking back with many regrets.
He also had a great spell after leaving Europe playing back in Brazil

Royston Drenthe, he was a massive prospect when he signed for Real Madrid. Left them in 2012 and 2 years later he was at Reading (and even joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan).

He’s still only 32 and apparently plays in the Dutch third tier.

Royston Drenthe, he was a massive prospect when he signed for Real Madrid. Left them in 2012 and 2 years later he was at Reading (and even joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan).

He’s still only 32 and apparently plays in the Dutch third tier.

Were we linked with him once upon a time? Around the same time as Peruzzi watch...

Not the winner but certainly a contender......
Adnan Januzaj or whatever he’s called.
I was gonna call Rodwell but I’m not sure he had any talent.
Re Rodwell, I think you're mistaking it for waste of space
Emre Mor is f***ing it up wherever he goes. And still only 22

Last edited:

Back