Biggest wastes of talents ever in football

I loved Arnott but always felt he should have had a better career

Claudio Marangoni was a disappointment in this country but did really well back in Argentina

Shearer is a big shout

although I naturally hate him, he’s still arguably the best striker to play in the premier league, Augero and Henry included.

he wins the premier league with Blackburn and a few seasons later has the chance to sign for the biggest club in Europe for the next 10/15 years but chooses Newcastle.

A couple of second place finishes and FA cup Semis, not much left to add.

Self inflicted not those who were unlucky with injuries etc

-Billy Kenny - great player but a coke habit had him retired at 21
- Ravel Morrison - Seemed more concerned with playing a gangster than playing for Man Utd

Growing up this lad was going to be a superstar, obviously didnt happen

Javier Portillo. Was in the Real Madrid academy and broke youth goalscoring records set by Raul. He went on to have a very ordinary career despite scoring 14 times in 23 games breaking through with RM in 2002/03.

Using this thread to plug another of my Dale articles: Paddy - Rochdale News

Even with the silly amount of words I wrote here I can't do justice to how talented Paddy McCourt was when he came through at Dale. If it wasn't for the drink and his crippling fear of running backwards, he would've been a world-beater. Ended up becoming a cult hero at his boyhood club at Celtic, but he could've achieved so much more.

Back