Biggest storm you have found yourself in

All schools are closed here today because of a severe storm forecast. I'll be going to the bar to take full advantage of my day off. It's drizzling at the minute. Same forecast for tomorrow, haway the storms.
I’ve been in Benidorm for the week and we had 2 1/2 days of sun 😂 fly back tonight and we’ve already been delayed half hour. I’ve seen some of the floods in Alicante, Murcia and Valencia on the TV and you can tell they’re not prepared for this type of weather. Sat in a cafe on Levante beach watching the weather change out at sea, impressive to be fair.

In 94, flying back from Jamaica, the flight path was up the east coast of US towards Greenland. The pilot said he was going to ask for permission to climb above a storm that was ahead. About 1 hour later we were flying over the storm and the lightning below us was spectacular, lighting the skies and clouds for as far as we could see. Amazing experience.:cool:

Had a similar thing last year on a flight, only the storm was in the distance.
It was lightning every few seconds for at least 5 minutes, I went to video it only for the lad in the window seat to wake up and stick his heed in the way.

All schools are closed here today because of a severe storm forecast. I'll be going to the bar to take full advantage of my day off. It's drizzling at the minute. Same forecast for tomorrow, haway the storms.

I drove through that storm from Alicante to Los Alcazares at around midnight, f***ing horrendous, seen nothing like it, made Florida look like light drizzle.

I’ve been down to Los Alcazares (Old Town) and it’s devastation, feel so sorry for the people living there, the beach has been swept away, it’s horrible.

staying in Moiria in Spain around 2006/7 when a massive storm hit, we hard a huge gust of wind coming down the mountain behind us, you could hear the carnage as it got closer....we made a grab of booze and fags outside and ran in our villa, locked the doors and watched it smash through the town....woke up the next morning and found our garden chairs and table about 200 meters away down the road.

was in Sachem in New York in 1990 when a Tornado warning came on the local news, had to leg it back to the high school we were staying at (was touring with a Drum Corps at the time) very strange experience as the wind got up you could hear dogs howling...we then ran past a house that looked like the Amityville house...and everyone ran a bit faster...:D the storm that came with that was like nothing I've ever seen, huge lightning that shot across the sky as far as you could see and just split into smaller and smaller forks....truly amazing to watch......I then got woken up by a Raccoon in my room about 3am.....an eventful evening...

I drove through that storm from Alicante to Los Alcazares at around midnight, f***ing horrendous, seen nothing like it, made Florida look like light drizzle.

I’ve been down to Los Alcazares (Old Town) and it’s devastation, feel so sorry for the people living there, the beach has been swept away, it’s horrible.
Yes mate it's terrible for people who have lost belongings, cars etc. And even worse for those who've lost their lives.

Stuck on a plane at Charlotte, NC. Just pushed back from the airbridge and the Captain comes over to tell us we're being held as there's a Tornado down near the end of the runway.
Plane starts shaking and bouncing, people outside all running for shelter and I'm looking out the window going "this is how it ends, next to some fat yank trying to get a phone signal"

flight was a piece of piss after that

Does the Beast from the East last year count? I was stranded for 3 days. In Edinburgh. With the trams still working between Edinburgh Park, where my hotel was, and the city centre with all those warm, welcoming pubs in Rose Street and beyond. I guess there are worse places to be stranded.

Does the Beast from the East last year count? I was stranded for 3 days. In Edinburgh. With the trams still working between Edinburgh Park, where my hotel was, and the city centre with all those warm, welcoming pubs in Rose Street and beyond. I guess there are worse places to be stranded.
Rose Street is great, as is Leith Walk
Pubs, pubs, and more pubs 👍. 🍺

One in Hai Phong around 2011, building roofs, trees, little cars and bikes going ever where, I manged to get my car to my apartment underground car park before the entrance was blocked up with debris.

Other in the Philippines (I think 2014 with high casualties), i managed to get of work early to see if i could get the plane out of manila for my scheduled leave, by time i got there, they were grounding planes. Still, we wasn't told the plane was cancelled til early evening. I was in the bar, and didn't check till much later, when most had gone home, out side the airport windows, we could see advertising boards and airport bus/smoke shelters tumbling down the road. I was lucky as fook, a taxi driver knocked into me in the hustle and as a payback, he let me jump in the front with his pick up in the back and dropped me down town Makati for nowt, although I gave him something.

After 2 weeks away, got back Tagaytay to my house, the town was still looking like a bomb had hit, entered my house and it was minging as it had been flooded, even the upstairs was still a few inch in water. Got a week in a nice hotel out of it like.

Not weather related but similar, I was caught in a Locust Swarm in Saudi in 1988.

The sky darkened much like when a blizzard is approaching then they started hitting the ground everywhere. The swarm passed over without landing but there were thousands of knackered ones still on the deck. When the 2 til 10 shift arrived on the plant the front of their cars were inches thick with them. Just like snow they all slid off once parked up.

According to the locals it was quite a small swarm but it was big enough to see on radar as it crossed the Red Sea.

Hurricane Irma back in 2017 in Florida. Where we were wasnt as bad as what people thought it would be, though.

I was in Orlando when that was happening, think we had storms every day for nearly 3 weeks. Was shitting it on the flight back aswell never known turbulence like it.

I was there 10 days ago and mint sunshine most of the time 😎
My mate has an apartment there, and he said it was scorching hot, the other day.
Luckily, floods are quite rare, but when they do happen, they're usually severe.

Back