Bigger Tellies on the way

8k is nowt but marketting speak, the limit was 4k for the standard person at home. 50 inches approx 8-12 inches away is needed for 4k to tell difference im sure something similar anyway.

The bigger the resolution the closer you would need to be to the screen making 8k pointless unless were going all futuristic and having TVs cover entire walls which wont ever happen in my lifetime.

So basically we're getting even higher res tellies basically for toddlers to stand dead close to the screen like they're so fond of doing and watching a bit of a prettier episode of Paw Patrol? Totally worth the cash.

I've still got an LG 32" and a Yamaha 5.1 Tannoy amplified sound system. The Cinema is better than anything I could create with sound and vision.

So basically we're getting even higher res tellies basically for toddlers to stand dead close to the screen like they're so fond of doing and watching a bit of a prettier episode of Paw Patrol? Totally worth the cash.

Might have been 2-3 feet for 4k :lol:
Think its 8-12 inches for 8k

4k was last upgrade the human eye will be able to tell difference, im sure the TV manufacturers wont admit this though.

Might have been 2-3 feet for 4k :lol:
Think its 8-12 inches for 8k

4k was last upgrade the human eye will be able to tell difference, im sure the TV manufacturers wont admit this though.

Think the higher resolution is just for extremely large screen sizes - higher pixel count = smaller pixels. I dont think its intended that content reach the tv in that format, its just gonna do some technical-jiggery-pokery to smooth out lines, effectively anti aliasing.

Last edited:

Back