Bigger Tellies on the way

There's nothing wrong with my 1080p 47" LG. It's smart so easy for netflix ect. Usually it looks good while turned off, when we were buying it all the ones we looked at the base and frame looked really cheap black plastic. Unless it dies I'll not change it until 8K is more mainstream.

Only reason I want to change the one in the living room is so we can get one with Netflix and Amazon Video built in cos the Fire stick is a bit crap and requires finding another remote control.

Other than that - same crap that's on now but in a prettier resolution - screw that.

Same for me.

I'm very much a gadget person - but with TV, I really don't care that much.

Thing is, until 4k content is considered the norm I don't see the point at all. It's still a f***ing disgrace even Sky charge you for extra for HD these days never mind 4k :lol:

Curved TV's as well, zero point in them unless your facing the screen square on

8k is nowt but marketting speak, the limit was 4k for the standard person at home. 50 inches approx 8-12 inches away is needed for 4k to tell difference im sure something similar anyway.

The bigger the resolution the closer you would need to be to the screen making 8k pointless unless were going all futuristic and having TVs cover entire walls which wont ever happen in my lifetime.

Back