Bigger queues today.

It was to allow them to get stuff when no stock on the shelves.. now they are stocked not so much a priority.. I doubt most are available between 8 and 9 in the morning anyway
This person was on a later shift from what I know, and the hour here in Tesco was 9am to 10am - priority for NHS workers' hour. To be told you don't get priority seems a bit off when Tesco bang on about how helpful to the NHS they are. Either have the hour or don't have it but if you do have it then let the NHS worker have the priority.

From what I know the Co-op got the custom in the end.

Aye, asda was busy this morning but canny once inside and didnt take long. Got everything my mother wanted and also a bottle of buffalo trace.

Somehow scored a delivery slot tomorrow - lets see if all the shit I wanted turns up

The supermarket pickers are certainly earning their corn now. I felt like I was taking liberties adding stuff to my slot & then realising some poor sod had to put it all together.

I went to Sainsbury’s at silky earlier as we need stuff for over the weekend. Queue was f***ing huge and it was quite busy inside.

This person was on a later shift from what I know, and the hour here in Tesco was 9am to 10am - priority for NHS workers' hour. To be told you don't get priority seems a bit off when Tesco bang on about how helpful to the NHS they are. Either have the hour or don't have it but if you do have it then let the NHS worker have the priority.

From what I know the Co-op got the custom in the end.

I have no problem with them jumping the queue if they show ID.. better than a specific NHS hour. Not much point the show having an NHS hour and then only a dozen or so people in that time meaning others are then bunched waiting.

Last week at my nearest Tesco they were letting people in 10 at a time, now it's 1 in 1 out and I think every other supermarket is the same, so it's probably why the queues are longer

Last week at my nearest Tesco they were letting people in 10 at a time, now it's 1 in 1 out and I think every other supermarket is the same, so it's probably why the queues are longer

That's just the same though.. it's just before they let 10 in 10 had to come out..

They have a set number they will allow in store at any one time..

Larger stores that could easily be 2-300 people

Just been up Tesco at Roker to see if it had eased off..queuing round the block..went in Farmfoods..shop empty..got everything I wanted and it’s cheaper.

After most issuing profit warnings earlier in the year.

Tesco in particular are taking the piss.

just as our reliance on supermarkets was beginning to wane they get another helping hand.
Once the lockdown is over they wont make as much for a while, whilst people get through the mountain of food they have stockpiled.

Last edited:
The Sainsbury's at wessington way probably can't believe what's happening,. Its usually quite empty even at peak times, no one really seems to shop there and that's why I liked calling in pre lock down . Went down today to pickup a prescription and the car park is rammed and the queue to get in was right around the car park.this is on a Thursday afternoon, what's f***ing wrong with people? A security guard got assaulted their last Friday aswell. Really doing my tits in this lockdown

Was kicking off in the queue there about half ten this morning when I was on the way back to the car. Ructions between some woman and some bloke from the look of it, car stopped to get involved too.

Some absolute weapons around but tbh they always have been.
^This.

Did people really expect that the bottom-feeders, who've behaved like absolute selfish cvnts all of their sorry lives up to now, would suddenly start acting like model citizens when told of the new restrictions.

Don't forget, these are the type of people for whom everything is always someone else's fault - they are never to blame for their own actions.

Back