Big Vic, free transfer

Wardley Makem

Midfield
Meanwhile, fellow Championship strugglers Bolton Wanderers are reportedly interested in former Sunderland striker Victor Anichebe.

The 29-year-old left the Black Cats in the summer after relegation from the Premier League, and joined Chinese Super League side Beijing Enterprises on a short-term deal.

That contract is now finished, meaning Anichebe - who scored three goals for the Black Cats last season - is a free agent and able to sign for a club outside of the transfer window.

From a Sunderland’s echo story. I’d take him straight away. Even if you get 4-5 games out of him, he’d instantly improve our front line. Especially with the pace we have up top.

Meanwhile, fellow Championship strugglers Bolton Wanderers are reportedly interested in former Sunderland striker Victor Anichebe.

The 29-year-old left the Black Cats in the summer after relegation from the Premier League, and joined Chinese Super League side Beijing Enterprises on a short-term deal.

That contract is now finished, meaning Anichebe - who scored three goals for the Black Cats last season - is a free agent and able to sign for a club outside of the transfer window.

From a Sunderland’s echo story. I’d take him straight away. Even if you get 4-5 games out of him, he’d instantly improve our front line. Especially with the pace we have up top.

MLF.
BHH!

He had a few games last season where he seemed unplayable at times. Seemed to be shifted out wide a lot and held the ball up against a weak full back.
He was brilliant for us when fit.

Then dippy Dave decided to stick him out wide when he knows he has cheesestrings for hamstrings. Would love him back in this league

I'd have him back, but I'd be concerned that if we're trying to build momentum, regular changes up front might compromise this. A good option for off the bench, and could work well in training with our young 'uns.

Of course we'd have him back he's better than what we have got. But I must have missed something as I don't think the article was suggesting he was coming back to us!

If it is pay as you play then how could we lose? Might help develop the young lads if he makes it in to training.
We'd lose his wages as someone on a pay as you play still gets a wage when they're not in the team. We are desperate though so wouldn't massively surprise me if we did make a move.

Back