Big Sam

With what could be a fresh start and the most momentous event in the history of the club looming large, I’d like to think we could start being a little more adventurous in our ideas.
Sounds great mate and it's what I would want us to look to do as well but isn't this what we were promised/expected at this level from Ross? I suppose at least with Big Sam you know you're getting someone with a good track record in the English leagues.

Mind you, you would think a young ambitious manager would be desperate to take over a club like ours in league one with the type of investment we are hoping to make in the future. It'll be interesting to see what way we go.

Sounds great mate and it's what I would want us to look to do as well but isn't this what we were promised/expected at this level from Ross? I suppose at least with Big Sam you know you're getting someone with a good track record in the English leagues.

Mind you, you would think a young ambitious manager would be desperate to take over a club like ours in league one with the type of investment we are hoping to make in the future. It'll be interesting to see what way we go.
I agree mate. We were. But given our obvious financial constraints at the time, maybe looking further afield wasn’t a practical option.
I have no personal axe to grind regarding allarydyce. I don’t like the way he left us but I will always be grateful to him for the way we ended that season. I’d just like us to try something different. Maybe from overseas. In any event, interesting and hopefully successful times ahead.

Lifted the place up, kept us up, made Kaboul a solid CB after he had a very poor start in his Sunderland career, got the best out of van Aanholt, signed a player for 5m and got 22m offers after 6 months, his other signing still gone for as much as 6m as a Championship player after Moyes destroyed him...
We need a manager like that to get out of this mess. We won't get a better manager while in the lower leagues IMO.

There’s something in that for sure. It’s bizarre really as the new lads all talk about how intense the training is. I still wouldn’t want Big Sam because I think he’s a crook and ruins the future.....but he certainly managed the fitness and team roles of individual players beautifully.

Big Sam, i'd take him but I prefer to find young ambitious managers, we've tried it with Ross, and he may crack it yet, but then I'd go for the guy from PSG.

I wasn't living in Bangkok I was back in Europe but some of the time under Bruce and the cup run and miracle with Gus were higher points for me.

As far as I am concerned FSA used us and I wouldn't trust the corrupt piece of shit with our club again.
I guess living in Bangkok you don't get to matches, those games under big Sam were only 2nd in enjoyment to the Peter Reid era in our premier league time, that's where the love affair comes from

I wasn't living in Bangkok I was back in Europe but some of the time under Bruce and the cup run and miracle with Gus were higher points for me.

As far as I am concerned FSA used us and I wouldn't trust the corrupt piece of shit with our club again.
The football was better under bsa than Bruce or poyet, everything felt more organised, just felt like their was more quality throughout the team.

I'd try to get Rafa (create a rumour) and when those lot hear about it, they'll be chucking themselves in the Tyne like lemmings. BSA is the man for me like; he's not perfect but in management terms he's the best fit we've had in decades. It's a risk worth taking and so is bloody Marcus Madison.

They were favourites and the wealthiest club in the league and he only just got them promoted.

I just don't get this love affair with FSA.

It's not as easy as you're implying.

Only 12 of the last 39 teams relegated from the Premier League have bounced back at the first attempt.

Stoke were favourites to win the Championship last season, they're currently bottom this season.

Last edited:
The football was better under bsa than Bruce or poyet, everything felt more organised, just felt like their was more quality throughout the team.
He hit on lucky, Kirchhoff made a huge difference as did the Everton squad downing tools to get shot of Martinez. I think many fans got carried away with Sam when we put the mags down. The football until February of that season was shocking. The usual miracle run in, which wasn’t as good as Poyet’s, saved us yet again. His time here is very overrated by some.

Back