Big day today

Praying for your little one, pal.

Awesome news. I will continue to pray for your little one. And for you and your family as well.

I’m not a particularly religious person, but when someone says that, it really moves me. Especially when it’s a random internet bloke, or someone you just have a work relationship.

When my other half was diagnosed with a neurological condition, people said it to me. I don’t think it’s the religious side of it that moved me, it’s just the thought that other people are thinking and care

I’m not a particularly religious person, but when someone says that, it really moves me. Especially when it’s a random internet bloke, or someone you just have a work relationship.

When my other half was diagnosed with a neurological condition, people said it to me. I don’t think it’s the religious side of it that moved me, it’s just the thought that other people are thinking and care
Spot on mate. Good luck OP I'll be thinking about you.

For some people, it's just words, something to say as comfort. I believe in prayer and I do it often. So when I say it, I actually stop right there and then and say a prayer. I don't like to talk about religion or my religious beliefs, because that's something personal and internal that only means anything to me and not anyone else. I also go to church every Sunday and say petitions for anyone that I know needs it. I've done it for some posters on here in the past.

I can only imagine how hard this whole ordeal must be on @oROSSo so, yes, I said a prayer for his little one and for him. And on Sunday, I will do a petition. Because when all is said and done, it can't hurt, right? And I seriously believe that when enough positive thoughts are send to someone, then something positive happens. Prayers are a form of positive thoughts, but it's not exclusive to prayers. Anyone can send a positive thoughts, and really, a lot already have.

One of the things that I love about this place. We'll talk shit to each other and even be nasty to one another because we disagree on how to prepare a meal, but if anyone on this board is going through a hard time, my God, does everyone raise up to the occasion and send positive thoughts. It's f***ing beautiful.

Case in point, when there was the Malibu fires and people found out that my son was there (because of his school) a lot of posters who had been just awful to me in the past, wished me positive thoughts and honestly sent me their best. That meant a lot to me. And I learned never to hold a grudge against anyone.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

Over the moon for you @oROSSo :cool:. Remember Mate, for a weird bunch there's a lot of love on here and always someone you can talk to (not me though, I'm no good when it comes to sick kids, just breaks my heart:neutral:)

Cancer free thank god. Now we can worry about his actual condition and start treatment on Friday
Great stuff marra.
Weve has worried with our son over the last 3 yrs when he was diagnosed with an auto immune disease called myesthenia gravis.
My son was lucky and it was just an ocular problem (it can affect throat and lungs). We had a few yrs on steroids, we had set backs, but we finished our last course of steroids in December, so hopefully that's it. The steroids made his face big with water retention, hard for a 14 Yr old, but the care we got from the hospital was brilliant. He was treated like a bit of a celebrity as its pretty rare in kids, usually women and men in their 40's get it.

Kids are a huge worry, and we worry it will come back, but I just wanted to say that in my opinion, the NHS were absolutely tremendous, and I'm sure they will look after your boy well.

All the best

Back