Big Brother RIP (2000-2018)

‘Normal people’ who want to live in a house with a dozen or so strangers being filmed and broadcast live to the world 24 hours a day? Those ‘normal people’?
Fair enough :lol:

iirc the first one called itself a psychology experiment.

They had a few raj persaud types on until the housemates started getting their kit off.

I was glad because they really put us off me stroke.

Series one was very interesting concept, should of been sacked off years ago to be fair.

‘Normal people’ who want to live in a house with a dozen or so strangers being filmed and broadcast live to the world 24 hours a day? Those ‘normal people’?
People who wanted their 15 minutes of fame then back to obscurity. Most of these now just see it as springboard to £££.

agree with that, i've noticed my lasses daughter and her mates, throughout their teens, have almost bragged and found it cool to be seen as 'thick' - like boasting about getting something completely wrong in school. not just BB that promotes this, most of these celebrity shows. had the misfortune to watch the odd episode of made in chelsea, the essex one and geordie shore over the years, and it angers me how the actively seek to look and sound 'thick' . its bizarre, and quite unsettling.

Dumbing down the plebs. All part of the master plan squire. You can't have intelligent people as role models man.

After Gail Trimble virtually won university challenge single handed, she was getting ripped up for arse paper. They were calling her all sorts of shite in the press and online. Around that time they were blowing smoke up the arse of jade goody and Katie f***ing price. They want the masses to be thick as pig shit and shallow.

Give the man credit like it's f***ing working.

Big Brother is officially ending

Sorry guys but it was a no from me. One of the worst examples of Trash TV I have seen. That is why I never made a point of seeing it. The moral depths the housemates were prepared to go to to get themselves fame was for me one of the lowest points in the history of civilization.

End of the 90s heralded in the vain era that followed . Big brother was one of those seminal shows of the 'look at me generation', it's part of the same trash genre of popstars, pop idol, X factor, Britain'a got talent.....more recently geordie shore.
All god forsaken, car crash, moronic, sh!t3 telly.

The early (first 2 or 3) series were interesting but then it became a quick route to fame, briefly, before it became a quick route to irrelevance.

As an aside, Ednemol have renewed the lease on the house for another 3 years.

Second series, I think, Elizabeth was a massive wad, and got them out anarl.

Back