Big Brother RIP (2000-2018)

agree with that, i've noticed my lasses daughter and her mates, throughout their teens, have almost bragged and found it cool to be seen as 'thick' - like boasting about getting something completely wrong in school. not just BB that promotes this, most of these celebrity shows. had the misfortune to watch the odd episode of made in chelsea, the essex one and geordie shore over the years, and it angers me how the actively seek to look and sound 'thick' . its bizarre, and quite unsettling.
For the vast majority of the population being thick comes easy . They need to work at being bright . The popularity of shows like BB is all part of the dumbing down the West .

It was always, as far as I concerned, a terrible, awful concept; utterly banal and lowbrow to the point of cretinous. Never watched more than 10 minutes of it - and that usually to laugh at the ridiculous accent of the narrator bloke.

It has contributed significantly to the development of a celebrity obsessed culture that is so bereft of any semblance of dignity that it began to incestuously breed its own ‘celebrities’

Never watched it, but I know that it was a vehicle for people with little or no talent to get themselves on telly. It was exploitation tv for narcissistic wannabes.
I never bought into the Jade Goody thing either. She always came across as being particularly dim and uninteresting whenever she was on tv. Goody, like some of her contemporaries on the show wouldn’t even know where the term Big Brother came from. Sad for her family that she’s dead but her life and it’s passing never affected me one iota.

When they stopped putting normal people in it died.
Agreed. They filled the house with irritating narcissists to try and manufacture friction and f***ing. There were so many utter twats and too few likeable characters that it just turned me off altogether. One that stands out was Kitten, who broke into the fridge and got booted off. What an arsehole she was.

I always hoped they'd freshen things up by spiking the housemates with LSD. I'd watch that.

In fairness it did bring the greatest moment in TV history

"David is dead!" Classic moment indeed! 3 mins when she realises David is alive :lol:

I stopped watching the public one after a few years but I've watched the last few 'celebrity' ones as I think this version is still interesting viewing. It's canny watching the so called celebs crack up in such a short time and bitch on that always end up with some scandal without fail! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back