Big Brother RIP (2000-2018)

Discussion in 'SMB' started by ShieldsBlackCat2015, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Big Brother is officially ending

Sorry guys but it was a no from me. One of the worst examples of Trash TV I have seen. That is why I never made a point of seeing it. The moral depths the housemates were prepared to go to to get themselves fame was for me one of the lowest points in the history of civilization.

2. Rainhill

Rainhill Full Back

It was brilliant when it first aired. We'd seen nothing like it. Some classic TV moments.

Probably havent watched it in at least 10 years.

Eithet society changed with the reality explosion and ruined it, or Big Brother ruined society by causing the reality explosion.

3. Mr Redknapp

Mr Redknapp Striker

Many gutted Emma Willis fans on here :lol:

4. Awful show. Can remember going to me mates during the first series and he was watching them sleep. Very weird.

5. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

the first ever series was quite interesting in its concept, the main factor in it being interesting was that the people were very 'normal'. i seem to remember the first series having a bit of a cult following as it was dubbed as an 'experiment' rather than reality TV, and certainly not being the headline show it is now.

6. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Striker

Kinga frigging herself in to oblivion with a wine bottle in the garden. :cool:

7. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Winger

The last lot they have in there now are fucking loopy

8. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

BB consigned to Room 101

9. The Voice Of Reason

The Voice Of Reason Striker Staff Member Contributor

People sitting in a house watching other people sitting in a house

Dubai Si and DisillusionedOldGit like this.
  10. offmenut

offmenut Winger

Jade goody and the press ruined it.
    She was an absolute idiot, who at the time the people rightly hated. The papers slagged her and she was booed by the crowd.
    Imo the press got a bit worried about how they had incited hatred towards her, so they started to praise her, resulting in her being ‘adored’
    Then our nation started to think that being stupid and nasty was a good thing, and folk went on the show with the intention of being an annoying prick as they thought that’s what people wanted to see.

Some of the worst role models ever in that programme.

I had to endure love island this summer with my kids, but thankfully I was surprised to see that the majority of people on that show had quite a good moral compass.

11. Kevj

Kevj Winger

Well, that’s simply not correct now is it?

Maxnormal likes this.
  12. Quench

Quench Winger

Can you name any worse examples

Crispy_Calzonie likes this.
  13. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

Should have let it die when it was axed by channel 4. Was quality back in the day though

Arkle likes this.
  14. Pol pot actually agrees with the op.

First few series were canny...

15. Kevj

Kevj Winger

Pol Pot, Nazi death camps. There’s far worse than egotistical tossers on a TV show.

:lol: See.

Motor City Cobra likes this.
  16. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

agree with that, i've noticed my lasses daughter and her mates, throughout their teens, have almost bragged and found it cool to be seen as 'thick' - like boasting about getting something completely wrong in school. not just BB that promotes this, most of these celebrity shows. had the misfortune to watch the odd episode of made in chelsea, the essex one and geordie shore over the years, and it angers me how the actively seek to look and sound 'thick' . its bizarre, and quite unsettling.

Arkle, SAFCOldie, Dubai Si and 6 others like this.
  17. Quench

Quench Winger

So a leader makes a couple of mistakes, we all do. But big brother was horrific. As usual the OP is bang on the money

18. "Realty" tv, the misnomer of the 21st century .

Dubai Si and Kevj like this.
  19. Rubberglove

Rubberglove Midfield

At least we saw some canny tits on it owa the years

George Galloway acting like a cat being the biggest one

20. japs

japs Striker

Aye, always remember someone telling me that one of them didnt know how to sneeze.....just ridiculous.