Big Bang Theory to end.

How’s that relevant? It’s the same for every half hour programme. All hour long programmes are only 42 minutes long

It's relevant because I've noticed. I've noticed because the quality has declined. It's declined to the point where I felt inclined to time an episode. And then probably forget about it to the extent that I've exaggerated, but what the fuck eh?

It's relevant because I've noticed. I've noticed because the quality has declined. It's declined to the point where I felt inclined to time an episode. And then probably forget about it to the extent that I've exaggerated, but what the fuck eh?
but its always been that length

That's your opinion, but the actors themselves don't believe it's autism. It could be argued before though and it's pretty clear to see why.
I think they've said it's not autism, because they don't want to label anyone

Jim Parsons has commented that he read a memoir of someone with Aspergers and it rang true with Sheldon's character. I've got two boys with Aspergers and in my opinion he absolutely is but they're also right that it doesn't need to be labelled. My youngest in particular loves that there's someone he sees as being like him on tv, and I've often used it to show that even though he's like them, he can manage on his own, live on his own. I think in that respect it's very positive. It does annoy me when I've seen things talking about them 'curing his autism' as the series has went on. I think it's been pretty accurate, his friends for the most part actually do help him when he doesn't understand sarcasm etc and you see that progress as it goes on just like I see it personally with my kids. They adapt.

Oh and on the using it for humour, sometimes it is hilarious having this stuff around you. I've never watched it and thought any of it was cruel or malicious with it.

I've used Sheldons' spider man speech to Amy on our lass

I like a Indian bird like, you can't tell me the beautiful voice and the mystique of Howard's mam doesn't make your ball bag tighten.

She's the BBT equivalent of Jim's Ma.
She's also dead.

Meet Julia | Sesame Street and Autism

Knock yourself out.

Excellent post from @Litten by the way.
I don't think anything about it is malicious. If anything, like you say, his friends and now fiance have helped Sheldon a lot in learning about social conventions etc which he previously struggled with.

Last edited:
She's the BBT equivalent of Jim's Ma.
She's also dead.

Meet Julia | Sesame Street and Autism

Knock yourself out.

Excellent post from @Litten by the way.
I don't think anything about it is malicious. If anything, like you say, his friends and now fiance have helped Sheldon a lot in learning about social conventions etc which he previously struggled with.

Thank you. Just an example of the hilarity of adaptation from here, my youngest really struggles with having to apologise if he doesn't think he's done something wrong and often he hasn't, it's just that he's said something that social convention means he should apologise for. Being blunt or being too honest usually. One day I heard him say to a family member 'oh, I can't tell you how sorry I am'. Now everyone thinks he's being lovely and polite as he usually is but the first time he did it my head clicked and i pulled him to one side and asked him whether he had flat out just said he wasn't apologising. His eyes lit up and I was ill laughing, it was an adaptation he'd figured out himself. Every time I've heard him do it it's hilarious. Just to clarify though, he's absolutely not allowed to pull that stunt in a situation that really warrants an apology and people who need to know have been warned in advance :lol:

We stopped watching years ago. As soon as a character's quirky traits become their overridding personality, then the show is doomed. It's the same with Modern Family. The first 2 series were fantastic, then it started to drift, with the odd very funny episode. The genre I file it under now is 'hope something might make me smile in this episode', rather than 'comedy'.

first few series were certainly canny funny. especially sheldons character, he was class. the rest were just side parts for him. then they started to sex him up, due to continuity it would have been impossible to keep him the same. as soon as they ran out of ideas for him, the show lost its main attraction and now its just generic feeble american entertainment (wouldnt describe it as comedy)

Thank you. Just an example of the hilarity of adaptation from here, my youngest really struggles with having to apologise if he doesn't think he's done something wrong and often he hasn't, it's just that he's said something that social convention means he should apologise for. Being blunt or being too honest usually. One day I heard him say to a family member 'oh, I can't tell you how sorry I am'. Now everyone thinks he's being lovely and polite as he usually is but the first time he did it my head clicked and i pulled him to one side and asked him whether he had flat out just said he wasn't apologising. His eyes lit up and I was ill laughing, it was an adaptation he'd figured out himself. Every time I've heard him do it it's hilarious. Just to clarify though, he's absolutely not allowed to pull that stunt in a situation that really warrants an apology and people who need to know have been warned in advance :lol:

Thats a great story. :lol: I reckon what they did with Sheldon was go with the one minded dork caricature and as the series went on exaggerated his personality for laughs, making him more extreme, and ended up walking right into ASC territory then panicked and hastily denied anything.

Back