Beyond the Curve....

Psssst, ask them for a photo of the full Earth taken from space ...

Nah, I don’t want to wind anyone up. Just wanted to point out that a round earth should be very easy to prove to any of the flat earth people. But they seem difficult to convince them

We’ll all just have to agree to disagree until science comes up with conclusive proof

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....
Are you taking the piss?

Nah, I don’t want to wind anyone up. Just wanted to point out that a round earth should be very easy to prove to any of the flat earth people. But they seem difficult to convince them

We’ll all just have to agree to disagree until science comes up with conclusive proof
It has but you don’t accept it because you are “not a scientist”

Not sure what you mean. I said I thought it probably was round. Nothing is certain in science really. We’re always finding out new things. Maybe I’m a bit more open minded than some
Maybe you haven studied basic physics like lefty there. He thinks he's being open minded but he's never studied physics in his life. No flat earther has. He's asking for photographic evidence. Again. He gets shown photographuc evidence. He disappears. He never produces photographic evidence of his "theory" .

There's no probably about it. The earth is roughly the same shape as every other planet in the universe. The laws of physics see to that and its been observed, photographed and proven to be 100% fact.

Maybe you haven studied basic physics like lefty there. He thinks he's being open minded but he's never studied physics in his life. No flat earther has. He's asking for photographic evidence. Again. He gets shown photographuc evidence. He disappears. He never produces photographic evidence of his "theory" .

There's no probably about it. The earth is roughly the same shape as every other planet in the universe. The laws of physics see to that and its been observed, photographed and proven to be 100% fact.

Like I’ve said before. You’re probably right. Let’s just leave it there, it’s getting late

He does not always disappear so that is unfair. Sometimes he claims all other photos are fake and dismisses them completely with no evidence to support why they are fake. He does love his little ‘fact’ though and does like repeating it.

One thing the flattards struggle to explain is why you can see a boat disappear over the horizon (they say light just stops travelling and you get a distortion, as the air is too dense for light to travel that far), but if you then climb a cliff/mountain by the coast you can see more of the boat again but as you are now looking down and across you have increased your distance. The light that can not travel through the air due to density at the surface can travel much further to the top of a mountain.

Air must be equally dense throughout because there is no such thing as gravity and objects only fall because they are more dense than the air. So they can not claim light is going through thinner air and can travel further.

It is a confusing world of contradictions being a flat earth believer.

One thing the flattards struggle to explain is why you can see a boat disappear over the horizon (they say light just stops travelling and you get a distortion, as the air is too dense for light to travel that far), but if you then climb a cliff/mountain by the coast you can see more of the boat again but as you are now looking down and across you have increased your distance. The light that can not travel through the air due to density at the surface can travel much further to the top of a mountain.

Air must be equally dense throughout because there is no such thing as gravity and objects only fall because they are more dense than the air. So they can not claim light is going through thinner air and can travel further.

It is a confusing world of contradictions being a flat earth believer.

Aye they're either mental or on a massive wind up.

That seems like a theory to me rather than proof. Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick a side, I'd probably go with 'the Earth is round'. But I'm open minded and would like to see conclusive evidence
FFS man gan and stand at Roker and watch a ship disappear over the horizon. If the earth was flat you could see it all the way to Europe. You could also see the Eiffel Tower on a clear day.

I’m getting f***ing sick of this earth being populated by people absolutely thick as shit. Open minded about a flat earth. Get a f***ing grip man.

Surely it could be argued that by having these conversations is what science is all about. People once thought an atom was the smallest thing. If they just accepted that without discussion, they would not have split the atom.

Science evolves and what people once thought are questioned and improved open.

As for the calculations, I'm not a maths teacher, but can't you use maths to prove anything? Like on that film Beautiful Mind when Russell Crowe used Maths to prove he could pull a wifey at a party

You’re trying to seem clever but you’re coming off as thick as shit.

Last edited:
He does not always disappear so that is unfair. Sometimes he claims all other photos are fake and dismisses them completely with no evidence to support why they are fake. He does love his little ‘fact’ though and does like repeating it.
Composites aren't actual photos. They're nice artistic pieces and look impressive.

Composites aren't actual photos. They're nice artistic pieces and look impressive.
Some of the ones linked for you many times are not composites. Besides, every digital image is a composite. Light hits each pixel and software puts it together.

Are you saying if say I took 12 images of different sections of the moon over the space of half an hour and joined them together as a composite, they would not represent what the moon looks like?

Yes they are, if you want to go to the logical conclusion every photo ever taken in the history of the world is a composite of different colours and composited together to form a visible image. If I get 5 photos and paste them together in a single larger photo do they stop being photos? Please get a new argument.

Some of the ones linked for you many times are not composites. Besides, every digital image is a composite. Light hits each pixel and software puts it together.

Are you saying if say I took 12 images of different sections of the moon over the space of half an hour and joined them together as a composite, they would not represent what the moon looks like?

Didn't read your post before I posted mine, this.

Logon or register to see this image

Taken by: Apollo 11’s crew

Date: July 20, 1969

A view of Africa 98,000 miles from Earth, taken while astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin were on their way to the moon.

Is this a composite? Taken with a film camera as that was all they had back then?

Last edited:

Back