Beyond the Curve....

Its nuts people think that way. We have many examples in the natural world of spheres forming. How does flat-earthers explain the spherical shape of the sun or the moon that we observe every day and night?

You cant reason with the unreasonable

I'd just like a higher threshold of proof if I was a flat earther

Here.......the music is terrible though!

Last edited:

As for the calculations, I'm not a maths teacher, but can't you use maths to prove anything? Like on that film Beautiful Mind when Russell Crowe used Maths to prove he could pull a wifey at a party

simply, no. he was making algorithms and playing with probability etc..

i'm talking about cold hard facts. if you build a bridge over a 5 or 10 mile stretch of water, and don't take into account the curvature of the earth, and try and do each small section perfectly 'level', you will end up higher out of the water at one end. thats why the curvature is taken into account

if you lay a gravity fed sewage pipe over a massively long distance, and want the gradient to fall from one end to the other, it has to end up almost like a banana (if you look at it in section from the side) as if you stick to the gradient per pipe length (say 10mm per m) over a few mile you will start to rise out of the ground and the sewage would eventually flow backwards.

this is not 'theory' . its a fact, it happens. there is one set of proven calculations that engineers use all over the world to allow humans to build these projects. it can't be 'disproved' as it is a mathematical certainty

It's not mate. Most are just wind up merchants, and I suspect one or two recent 'characters' on here are mag WUMs trolling for that twitter site about SMB delusions.

aye probably. its amusing how crap they are at it to be fair. like one the other day trying to sound all intellectual by telling us all that the 'till' in 'sunderland till i die' is grammatically incorrect. after the 10th person had proved him wrong he logged off and don't think he has been back. we must be the muppets for wasting our time on them

Last edited:
I'd just like a higher threshold of proof if I was a flat earther
Get the flat earthers to successfully push something off the edge.

Or find the edge of the dome, like Truman did in The Truman Show. Should be easy enough if what the flat earthers say is true. Then we can revisit this "round earth" thing.

Or find the edge of the dome, like Truman did in The Truman Show. Should be easy enough if what the flat earthers say is true. Then we can revisit this "round earth" thing.

It's arguments like that that give flat earthers the ammunition to say there's a conspiracy. Can we even prove it either way with 100% certainty? I'm not a scientist but this flat earth argument seems to not be going away

They use the Truman show as an example in the documentary. They believe it's a simulation and the only people who are in a position to get to the edge are rich and if they manage to find the edge and leave they are effectively throwing away their wealth and starting from nothing.

I find it baffling how much evidence is just thrown away as faked by the government. You can't debate with these types of people because they treat fact like fiction. Again this is shown in the documentary when they do a number of experiments which proves the earth has a curve and they throw try and change the experiment to get a different result.

A flat earther will tell you to prove the earth is round and you can't use any evidence other than taking yourself to space(at which point they will say you are a government plant/agent) but won't accept they have to prove it's flat.

A flat earther will tell you to prove the earth is round and you can't use any evidence other than taking yourself to space(at which point they will say you are a government plant/agent) but won't accept they have to prove it's flat.
Pretty much this.

It is quite interesting to look at some of the 'theories' they have to explain observations that almost everyone can do at home.

In the globe earth, you have gravity. This pulls large objects into a rough ball shape. One big ball is the sun and the thing that makes the globe earth go round it, makes the other globe planets go round it and makes globe moons go round them. One simple theory covering everything and it pretty much works (until you get down to the finer details and need relativity and other complicated physics thrown in). However I can see why some people are uncomfortable with the idea of an invisible attractive force that can move things, especially if they have never played with a magnet.

The flat earth has some very very complicated invisible celestial objects to take into account sun rise, sunset, shadows getting longer, the phase of the moon, the rotation of stars above the north and non-existent south pole, things going over the horizon etc. Each one on its own sounds a bit unbelievable but put them together and you end up with the earth being like a cosmic game of mousetrap, with all sorts of crazy contraptions making the observable universe work.

That seems like a theory to me rather than proof. Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick a side, I'd probably go with 'the Earth is round'. But I'm open minded and would like to see conclusive evidence

Watch the documentary, they manage to fund some projects to prove its flat (think it cost about $20000) and each one proved it was indeed not flat. Haha...eeee

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....
Best watch your letterbox marra and pre-prepare your tin foil body armour.

You're asking questions that certain posters on here get proper radgie over.

I have no answers and never said I did. I only have questions

Aye but you said that 'maths can prove anything ' . I showed you that it cant disprove things that actually use earth curvature calculations to make them work. That in itself answers your question very clearly and without any possible misinterpeatation. The earth is curved, and that is a fact that cant be argued against.

Its good to question things, I agree, but at some point you need to accept the results and answers that you find

Aye but you said that 'maths can prove anything ' . I showed you that it cant disprove things that actually use earth curvature calculations to make them work. That in itself answers your question very clearly and without any possible misinterpeatation. The earth is curved, and that is a fact that cant be argued against.

Its good to question things, I agree, but at some point you need to accept the results and answers that you find

Can you not use bendy pipes?

Who tracks them?
Anyone interested. Space agencies, military, universities, anyone with a radio telescope or more.

There is a plugin on the popular sky map application Stellarium. If you download that and keep an eye on a satellite or two, waiting for a passover, then you can go out and see them. It is very accurate.

The ISS is the most prominent one. If you plot where it can be seen from and how it moves, it makes sense in a globular earth. It does not make sense on a flat earth.

Back