Beyond the Curve....

We can extend that reasoning to all conspiracy theories tbh.

Not really. When someone (governments , the 'establishment ') have something clearly to gain (invading a country for oil, declaring war for political reasons, hiding a secret, making themselves vast amounts of money) and need their public (voters) to think they are doing it for moral reasons , I think they are capable of anything

Someone will probably correct me if im wrong but, could you not just walk from Western Alaska to Eastern Russia (in winter ) ? surely that's pretty conclusive that the earth is not flat?

Not sure how that works as a scientific experiment to prove the Earth is round

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....

Its a natural phenomenon that gases and liquids form spherical shapes because its the most efficient shape for volume against the surface area. A drop of water will form a sphere naturally for this reason. The earth was once a burning cloud of gases...then liquid so like the droplet of water it was the best way to store all the earth materials.
These crackpot flat earthers have never explained why you never get to the edge of "a flat earth", nor why you can see the curvature of the earth from an aeroplane or a distant object disappears over the horizon on the ocean. They're just nuts pseudo-science loons imho.

Its a natural phenomenon that gases and liquids form spherical shapes because its the most efficient shape for volume against the surface area. A drop of water will form a sphere naturally for this reason. The earth was once a burning cloud of gases...then liquid so like the droplet of water it was the best way to store all the earth materials.
These crackpot flat earthers have never explained why you never get to the edge of "a flat earth", nor why you can see the curvature of the earth from an aeroplane or a distant object disappears over the horizon on the ocean. They're just nuts pseudo-science loons imho.

That seems like a theory to me rather than proof. Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick a side, I'd probably go with 'the Earth is round'. But I'm open minded and would like to see conclusive evidence

That seems like a theory to me rather than proof. Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick a side, I'd probably go with 'the Earth is round'. But I'm open minded and would like to see conclusive evidence

Other than NASA taking you up to the international space station so you could see for yourself, What other proof do you need? Are all of the millions of photographs of the earth and other planets as spheres all part of the conspiracy

Other than NASA taking you up to the international space station so you could see for yourself, What other proof do you need? Are all of the millions of photographs of the earth and other planets as spheres all part of the conspiracy

Easily faked if they had to. As could the ISS. I don't think they are personally, but can see why some people might

Someone will probably correct me if im wrong but, could you not just walk from Western Alaska to Eastern Russia (in winter ) ? surely that's pretty conclusive that the earth is not flat?
I believe that would be the middle of the flat earth and Antarctica is the rim/ice wall around the disc.

They can prove the earth is flat at any time by finding the edge. But no one has.

I think that probably speaks for itself.
"the man" kills people that get too close.

Did the programme explain what a global conspiracy would gain from hiding the fact the earth was flat?

Never understood this conspiracy. If for one second we suspend reality and agree with them about it, and that governments are decieving us by saying the world is round... that still doesnt explain what the government would get from it?
I believe all space agencies are in on it for the funding or something.

Last edited:
Easily faked if they had to. As could the ISS. I don't think they are personally, but can see why some people might
It really isnt easy to fake an object orbiting the earth which is easily viewed through a telescope, especially if you think we are on a flat surface with a bubble over the top of us.

It really isnt easy to fake an object orbiting the earth which is easily viewed through a telescope, especially if you think we are on a flat surface with a bubble over the top of us.

Think even the flat Earthers would admit that it's not easy - but would argue it is in fact possible. I don't know, I'm not a scientist

i work in civil engineering, there are calculations that are used as standard for long distance pipe gradients and long span bridges etc.. that take into account the curvature of the earth when designing and constructing these things. are those calculations (which work, have always worked, couldnt possibly not work and i have seen and used them with my own eyes and calculator) - they have all been 'easily faked' ?

and for no apparent reason as well. its mad as fuck that adults in 2019 are actually having serious conversations about this

i work in civil engineering, there are calculations that are used as standard for long distance pipe gradients and long span bridges etc.. that take into account the curvature of the earth when designing and constructing these things. are those calculations (which work, have always worked, couldnt possibly not work and i have seen and used them with my own eyes and calculator) - they have all been 'easily faked' ?

and for no apparent reason as well. its mad as fuck that adults in 2019 are actually having serious conversations about this

It's not mate. Most are just wind up merchants, and I suspect one or two recent 'characters' on here are mag WUMs trolling for that twitter site about SMB delusions.

Surely it could be argued that by having these conversations is what science is all about. People once thought an atom was the smallest thing. If they just accepted that without discussion, they would not have split the atom.

Science evolves and what people once thought are questioned and improved open.

As for the calculations, I'm not a maths teacher, but can't you use maths to prove anything? Like on that film Beautiful Mind when Russell Crowe used Maths to prove he could pull a wifey at a party

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....
if it was flat Cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now

Its not a theory its geometric fact. Spheres form due to the pull of gravity packing everything into the most efficient shape against the surface area.

Last edited:
Not really. When someone (governments , the 'establishment ') have something clearly to gain (invading a country for oil, declaring war for political reasons, hiding a secret, making themselves vast amounts of money) and need their public (voters) to think they are doing it for moral reasons , I think they are capable of anything

What I mean is it's the first thing we can ask. Who would this benefit, and would it be worth the effort. It's a good way of sorting the obviously daft theories from those with a bit more to them.

Back