Beyond the Curve....

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....

If the Earth is round, and I tend to think it probably is, then why can't scientists show conclusive proof that would stop the flat earthers in their tracks? The flat-earthers seem to have been around for a while going on about something that should be easy to disprove. Unless it can't be proven....

They dont need to prove its round... because it is.

In this doc they setup lights to prove its flat so should be able to shine a light in a straight line at the same height further down the road

Turns out the light was at a totally different height which totally proved them all wrong and they didn't know what to say :lol:

They've got blinkers on and can't accept the truth

It is easy to disprove. However if you decide that all the evidence is part of some global conspiracy, and can thus be disregrded, then you're probably beyond having it proved to you.

They dont need to prove its round... because it is.

In this doc they setup lights to prove its flat so should be able to shine a light in a straight line at the same height further down the road

Turns out the light was at a totally different height which totally proved them all wrong and they didn't know what to say :lol:

They've got blinkers on and can't accept the truth

I'll have to watch the doc.

I found it very interesting. Particularly the bit which basically said 'I started believing in Flat Earth after I got bored with all the other mental conspiracy stuff'

Also that everyone thinks that everyone else is a government plant.

I found it very interesting. Particularly the bit which basically said 'I started believing in Flat Earth after I got bored with all the other mental conspiracy stuff'

Also that everyone thinks that everyone else is a government plant.
That bloke, who apparently originated it, what a looney he is. Saying the main guy in the documentary was a plant by the CIA and Warner Brothers !?

Did the programme explain what a global conspiracy would gain from hiding the fact the earth was flat?

Never understood this conspiracy. If for one second we suspend reality and agree with them about it, and that governments are decieving us by saying the world is round... that still doesnt explain what the government would get from it?
Was thinking this whilst watching it

Did the programme explain what a global conspiracy would gain from hiding the fact the earth was flat?

Never understood this conspiracy. If for one second we suspend reality and agree with them about it, and that governments are decieving us by saying the world is round... that still doesnt explain what the government would get from it?

We can extend that reasoning to all conspiracy theories tbh.

Someone will probably correct me if im wrong but, could you not just walk from Western Alaska to Eastern Russia (in winter ) ? surely that's pretty conclusive that the earth is not flat?

Propping up the tin foil industry.

We can extend that reasoning to all conspiracy theories tbh.

Not necessarily.
I can kind of see why the government of the time might have faked the Moon Landing (I dont think they did, but I can see why there might have been advantages)
Was there a motive for an assassination of Diana? Its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone somewhere wanted her off the scene (Again, I dont believe it was a conspiract, but the motive might have been there)

Back