RR Beware of negativity!

This perspective, word seems to be getting more traction at the moment, i am unsure what we are suppose to have perspective about, the manager failed last season to get the club promoted we finished 5th as well all know, or are we supposed to forget the previous seasons games and just clean slate a new season and we only have played one game, and we need to have faith in him... seems a weak argument from how i see it, ignoring what has come before, just so their is more positivity around the place seems a little naive.
For me perspective would be acknowledging and discussing that we have weaknesses as a squad, that our manager has deficiencies and that at best our owners aren't perfect and are, to an extent, learning on the job. But not ranting on on every thread, whether it's related or not, like the sky's falling in and that the club is doomed which is what's been going on on the board since Saturday.

For me perspective would be acknowledging and discussing that we have weaknesses as a squad, that our manager has deficiencies and that at best our owners aren't perfect and are, to an extent, learning on the job. But not ranting on on every thread, whether it's related or not, like the sky's falling in and that the club is doomed which is what's been going on on the board since Saturday.

Most of which i have watched, and not bothered to comment on, as its messege board so all about opinions, i see both sides of it and if people wanted to vent their anger than that's fine by me, however perspective is also in the eye of the beholder, you will have a different view to me, and other posters on this forum at the end of the day, its the internet and far worse is wrote on it.

I didn't detect that much negativity at all within the match, sure a certain amount of frustration, but the support was good.
Some booed at the end but not all.
Some stayed and applauded the players.
Some people need to realise that this board isn't a true barometer of our support.

Who is the Sunderland player who the Wolves player has got a hold of? Dont recognise him.

Ps could do with some of that aggression as we are soft as clarts.
Eh?
I didn't detect that much negativity at all within the match, sure a certain amount of frustration, but the support was good.
Some people need to realise that this board isn't a true barometer of our support.
The way some of the drips on here have been going on ya'd think the players were getting nowt but dog's abuse the whole game.
I'm not sure much of the ranting on here has gone beyond that? I never expected us to beat Oxford on Saturday, because as I see it there are as you say weaknesses in the squad, there are doubts over the manager's ability, and the owners definitely are far from perfect. As a supporter of what should be a great club like Sunderland I admit I have expectations above and beyond League 1, but the reality I perceive at present is that we're going very difficult to actually get out of this division, and that I think is massively concerning.

Last edited:
I expect pelters but I can see his point personally. I appreciate a lot of it is born out of frustration and isn't premeditated but I can't see that negativity, booing and slating players and the management will never be conducive to getting better results. I don't think it will expediate any decisions from the board regarding sacking the manager and it's only going to damage the club in the short term.

Yet again, it is being massively exaggerated. There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere on Saturday. In fact, given the performance on the field, it was very good.

I expect pelters but I can see his point personally. I appreciate a lot of it is born out of frustration and isn't premeditated but I can't see that negativity, booing and slating players and the management will never be conducive to getting better results. I don't think it will expediate any decisions from the board regarding sacking the manager and it's only going to damage the club in the short term.

Not as much as being shoite twice at Wembo has damaged the klerb and sent the fans owa the top......but hey, few million in the bank eh.....priorities....

This perspective, word seems to be getting more traction at the moment, i am unsure what we are suppose to have perspective about, the manager failed last season to get the club promoted we finished 5th as well all know, or are we supposed to forget the previous seasons games and just clean slate a new season and we only have played one game, and we need to have faith in him... seems a weak argument from how i see it, ignoring what has come before, just so their is more positivity around the place seems a little naive.
I'm positively raging here.....You really need to put that in to some form of perspective! ;)

After 5 minutes I could see we were shite, even worse than season, Oxford had us worked out, kept possession and started making chances

Theres a world of difference between having a moan on here or with your mates at the pub about the match to how you support your team tbf. I guess many are critical about the team at present but will back the team to the hilt when the match comes round.

I think this place probably does reflect the general frustration of our support pretty well tbh.

I don't think our incredibly generous and clued up owners have taken a step back for a fresh perspective.

Perhaps then they'd see a club going nowhere because of an incredibly naive coaching team and owners too complacent to change it

Last edited:
I don't think our incredibly generous and clued up owners have taken a step back for a fresh perspective.

Perhaps then they'd see a club going nowhere because of an incredibly naive coaching team and owners too complacent to change it

We will find out soon enough i guess, but the narrative seems to be, big picture thinking we have to keep our expectations down, and not question to much but i think what people at the club forget is, fail to get promotion again.. and the fan base will decide what comes next

Why should we be beating teams like Oxford? I’m sick of hearing it. We are in League One with them, we are each other’s equals. We’ve got no right to beat anyone in League One. Maybe the players think they have?

We’ve had the owners barking about 100 point totals and our aim is to win the league and go up, then we have perspective bits from the manager and some fans. I’d say if our target is 100 points and promotion a lacklustre lucky 1-1 draw at home against a mid table side is very much something fans should be worried about.
Why should we be beating teams like Oxford? I’m sick of hearing it. We are in League One with them, we are each other’s equals. We’ve got no right to beat anyone in League One. Maybe the players think they have?
The owners set the target before a ball was kicked, 100 points and promotion so very much we should be expecting and hoping to beat mid table side at home.

Last edited:

Been going on since well before Sat tbf. Sat was just a continuation.

Back